Sunday, May 25, 2014

Easy No-Bake Butterscotch Cornflake Treats

HEY GANG!  Do I have your attention with the title of this post?

Would you believe...ONLY 4 SIMPLE INGREDIENTS, and less than 30 minutes time, and you can be enjoying them too???

These would be super great to add to a Memorial Day menu! 

I am a fairly new follower of Stacey at Southern Bite, where I saw this simple recipe. 

Stacey says feeding people makes him happy.
Gotta love that guy! 

I recently made these wonderful bites of goodness to share at a funeral dinner. Taste testers were raving and thrilled to know it only took 4 simple ingredients to make these delicious snacks. 

Stacey calls them cookies...I decided to call them treats. 

Either way - your family is going to go wild over them. 

Perfect for something quick like a bake sale, or even for a picnic or potluck. 

(As I was mixing them up, getting ready to drop them onto waxed paper, I thought I should have added some broken pretzels to have some sweet/salty flavors going on.  NEXT TIME!!)


 NO BAKE BUTTERSCOTCH CORNFLAKE COOKIES 

4 c. Corn Flakes
1 c. peanuts
1 (11 ozs) bag butterscotch chips
3/4 c. peanut butter 
(I used chunky)

Place Corn Flakes and peanuts in large bowl. 

Combine butterscotch chips and peanut butter in small saucepan; melt over low heat, stirring often. When melted and smooth, pour over cereal mixture in bowl. Gently stir to combine. Drop onto waxed paper and allow to cool. 

That's it! 

If you like this recipe, you might also like these 



Linked to Weekend Potluck


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly