Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Recipe Update: Mom's Zucchini Casserole

Zucchini is such an interesting veggie isn't it?  Because it's rather 'bland', it can take on the taste of other things, or just add moistness...and vitamins! 

My mother would can zucchini and make it taste like pineapple!!

This is my favorite way to eat zucchini and it was my mom's favorite way to serve it. I have been asked to share this recipe more times than I can count!


You mix dry stove top dressing with cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and some veggies...it's an amazing dish. You hardly know the zucchini is there.

I remember serving this to a friend years ago and he exclaimed...
"How do you take things I don't like and make them taste SO GOOD"!?

The cornflake topping makes for great crunch and taste. 


MOM'S ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE

4 cups peeled, diced zucchini
1 grated carrot
1 grated onion
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream (don't use fat free)
1 box (chicken flavored) stove top stuffing
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup crushed cornflakes mixed with 1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 350. Boil zucchini in salted water for 4 minutes - drain. Mix all ingredients together in large bowl and place in greased 9" X 9" casserole dish. Top with cornflake crumbs. Bake 45 minutes, uncovered.

You can also add chopped cooked chicken to make this a one-dish meal!

Linked to Full Plate Thursday
           Weekend Potluck
             Meal Plan Monday

You might also enjoy...












6 comments :

  1. Yummy! For some reason, I'm the only one that eats zucchini in my house. I wish I could be making delicious side dishes like this all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsha this dish will be made tomorrow! I have 4 zucchini just begging to have something done with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great. I love zucchini!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds fabulous! Definitely going to try it when my zucchini is ready!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly