Sunday, February 14, 2016

Cream Cheesey Corn Bake (Crockpot or Oven Options)

I think most people have their favorite variety of a corn bake...or cornbread pudding, or whatever you may call it. 

The mixture of a jiffy corn muffin mix with corn, eggs, and sour cream.
Such a simple recipe...mix and bake. 

This recipe intrigued me because it has cream cheese instead - 

MY FAVORITE INGREDIENT!!
(hover over photo to pin)

This recipe was exceptional to me for a couple of reasons.

Not only was it the FIRST recipe I made in my new 9" X 13" crockpot...
I got the recipe from another cookbook author here in the RV park where we are spending the winter.  This is her THIRD cookbook...with very simple recipes, just like I love....some are the same ones I have on my blog, or already in my cookbook.

So I knew I could trust Carol with this change, using cream cheese, and I'm so glad I tried it.  I took it to a park potluck and this is what I came home with...


It is absolutely delicious and moist. 

CREAM CHEESEY CORN BAKE 

4 ozs. cream cheese, room temp
3/4 c. milk
3 eggs
1 pkg. Jiffy cornbread mix
1 (15 ozs) can corn, drained
1 (15 ozs) can creamed corn
1 c. shredded (cheddar) cheese
(I used cojack)

Spray 9" X 13" baking pan with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 350.
(Or spray 9" X 13" crockpot)

In large bowl, combine cream cheese with milk, then blend in eggs.  Add remaining ingredients. 

If baking in oven, bake about 35 minutes; remove and serve warm. 

If baking in crockpot, turn on high, bake for just about 2 hours. 
(Mine baked just over 2 hours). 

This was a special dish I plan to make again and again.

Linked to Weekend Potluck
Full Plate Thursday
GBP Roundup - Crockpot
Meal Plan Monday
Whatcha Crockin Wednesday






Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly