Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Holiday (Peppermint) Popcorn Crunch Mix (Easy - Last Minute!)


I am almost giddy over this delicious concoction! 

You might want to call it a "Clean out the Pantry" treat! 

This very simple treat uses microwave popcorn as its base!

As we prepare to head to Florida next week, I had some things on hand I wanted to use up before we go.  I'm thrilled to say I was able to use the last of SEVEN ingredients and gave away bags of this tasty snack at church.

Almond bark..
Microwave Popcorn...
Pretzels..
M & M's...
Ghiradelli Peppermint Chunks in a bag...
leftover crushed candy canes
Sprinkles...

It tastes great!  And is not nearly as sweet as a lot of the other 'goodies' I made last week.  And it's pretty too!!!


I have said for a long time...RECIPES ARE GUIDELINES.  You don't ever have to follow it exactly...sometimes it's fun to do your own thing!

Use up what you have on hand and enjoy this treat that has many options to it!

Peanuts, or any kind of nut, would be a great addition! Maybe even some cereal! 

When I made a second batch, I used part peppermint chunks for the almond bark.

I also used the penguin bags for the Peppermint Version so I could tell the difference. 
(This is what I used...not the 'crunch' mixture...these melt nicely..
and it only gives a light peppermint flavor)

Have fun with this one!  Folks appreciate receiving something homemade from your kitchen..and I am very pleased with the end result of this 'experiment'. 


HOLIDAY (PEPPERMINT) POPCORN CRUNCH MIX 

*2 bags microwave popcorn 
(lite butter is ok)
*3 - 4 c. pretzels 
*12 ozs. white almond bark (or candy melts)
(or use Ghiradelli peppermint baking chunks for part of almond bark) 
*2 hands-full peanut M & M's
*crushed candy canes, optional
*holiday sprinkles, optional 

Cover 2 cookie sheets (with sides) with waxed paper; set aside. 

Pop the popcorn according to package directions; pour into an extra large bowl and be sure to remove any kernels that didn't pop. Mix in the pretzels. 

Melt almond bark in microwave according to directions. Pour over the popcorn mixture, stirring to coat, then add M & M's and continue to mix until everything is coated. Stir in sprinkles or add over top of mixture once you've spread it over the cookie sheet. 

(For the peppermint version, I sprinkled crushed candy canes over the top at the end)

Allow to dry (it doesn't take long!); break apart and place into decorated bags to give as gifts. 


Recipe Inspired by Southern Plate
(Christy shares a great tutorial - check her out!)


You might also enjoy...









Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly