Monday, October 19, 2009

Are you a Coupon-er?

google coupon
I have always enjoyed grocery shopping.  I know that's not the case for everyone, but part of the reason I find it 'fun', is because I make the most of couponing, and so I thought I'd share a few ideas and thoughts to help get you get the most for your money.

The best deal I ever had was when I once paid $39 for $63 worth of groceries. But I've heard of women who regularly save as much as 80% of their cost!!



  • Scour your newspapers and magazines weekly.  Sunday newspapers are a treasure when you are able to use many coupons and store circulars with info on sales.



  • I try to stock up on my most-used items when they're on sale.  Many stores allow you - as mine does - to use a store coupon along with a manufacturer's coupon.  And if your store doubles or even triples the coupon, you can go home with free items. WOW! Ex: my grocery store once had a holiday coupon deal - Buy one 5# bag of flour, get 3 free.  That in and of itself is a real deal, but I had a 25 cents off coupon for the flour, that was doubled, and so I ended up paying 49 cents for 20# of flour!!


  • There are some great websites where you can print coupons.  Check out www.couponmom.com or www.moneysavingmom.com that can help you save even more.


  • Enlist your kids to help.  Joe Daugirdas of Willoughby Hills, Ohio blogs on his site - www.joethecouponguy.com and teaches classes at a community college on how to save money.  He suggests having your kids clip coupons and then match them to your shopping list.


  • A fun 'trick' I have learned, is that if I really like a product, I can call their 1-800 number and rave to them.  More often than not, they will send a coupon or two to me, just for taking the time to contact them. I've received a number of FREE coupons!


  • My daughter, Deb, recently had a post about couponing, that I'd like to share here too... check it out...


3 comments :

  1. Yep - I am getting better with coupons, and I have only shopped once (so far) where I only spent 50% of my original price due to coupons and discounts. Whew! Did that feel good!

    It takes practice but it's not hard. Just gotta get and stay consistent with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - one coupon at a time...and you'll pick up speed...and save cash. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello everyone,
    I know that savings is the name of the game right now in this economy. Im here to introduce you all to an exciting new website that im a member of. The site is called http://www.partner2save.com For being a member on this site you get access to all kinds of ways to save. There are lots ways to save while shopping, dining, groceries, travel, hotels, dentists, eye doctors!!! you get access to so much. The program really pays for itself in no time flat!! i recomend anyone check it out as there is something there for everyone…..

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly