Thursday, October 22, 2009

OHMYGOODNESS Cheese Blintzes

I've had the recipe for years in my files, but had never made them until recently.  I had to add the adjective to their name, as they are sooo yummy!!  Pretty easy too, but my suggestion is that you keep a sink or bowlful of soapy water nearby...not only are they a little messy to make, I found myself licking my fingers a lot too.  *-*  They make a great appetizer or snack anytime.

CHEESE BLINTZES


cheese blintzes
12 ozs. block cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1 loaf sliced white bread
1-1/2 cups melted butter
1 cup sugar mixed with 1 Tb. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Mix cream cheese, sugar, egg yolks and lemon juice until smooth.  Cut crust off each slice of bread and roll flat with a rolling pin.  Spread with cream cheese mixture and roll up into spiral, then cut in half....or leave whole.  Dip in butter, then in cinnamon/sugar mixture and place on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 15 minutes (or longer if you place them close together).  After they're cooled, they can be frozen or chilled and reheated in the oven or microwave.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly