Monday, October 5, 2009

Chocolate Eclair Cake (Make Ahead)

choc eclair cake
We've always called this a cake, though it's a simple, no-bake, delicious dessert.

Try it...you'll like it.

(I use sugar free pudding and 50% reduced-sugar frosting, and serve it to company.  No one knows unless I tell them - the only real difference is that using sugar free makes the pudding softer set...frosting doesn't set up as much either, but it's still delicious)

CHOCOLATE ECLAIR CAKE

3 cups cold milk
2 small pkgs. instant french vanilla pudding mix
1 - 8 ozs. frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 pkg. (14.4 ozs) graham crackers
1 - 16 ozs. can chocolate frosting


In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes.  Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.  Fold in whipped topping.  In a 9" X 13" X 2" dish, layer a third of the graham crackers and half of the pudding mixture.  Repeat layers.  Top with remaining graham crackers.  Refrigerate for atleast 1 hour.

Spoon frosting (I rarely use all of it) into a microwave-safe bowl.  Cover and microwave on high for 15 - 20 seconds or until softened, stirring once.  Spread over graham crackers.  Chill 12-24 hours before serving.

Yield: 15 - 18 servings

For a flavor change - use one pkg. of pistachio pudding, in place of one vanilla. This makes a lovely presentation!

1 comment :

  1. Since you made this for us (and I'll admit I ate most of what you left...) I can't stop thinking about it! lol. This is SO scrumptious and yummy and I'm gonna have fun playing with different varieties. I think I'll have to try vanilla & butterscotch next...

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly