Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cherry Chip Cheesecake Bars - A Contest-Winning Recipe (5 Ingredients)

PSALM 34:8 - O TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD!

I'm so honored and thrilled to be able to share with you my prize winnings from a recent dessert contest online at The Book Club Network!

I will share the winning recipe at the bottom of this post.  One of my all-time faves!!
Cherry Chip Cheesecake Bars.

I won a $100 gift card to a high-end kitchen store online - Chef's Resource - where they advertise 'tools for the serious home chef', and I also received two autographed books.... 

"Always the Baker and Never the Bride" is a humorous book written by Sandie Bicker. The other is a mystery - "Deadly Ties" - by Vicki Hinze.  I've been privileged to get emails from both these gals too.

I'm looking forward to reading both of these special gifts.

I decided I should get a 9" X 13" dish to bake the winning recipe in, so this is what I settled on...it is seriously gorgeous too!

It has glazed enamel on the inside and outside. I love that it has a gasket around the top so it fits tightly onto the bottom.  You can write on it with permanent marker and it washes off!  What a great feature!  It's also microwave, dishwasher and freezer safe. 

You can't beat that combination!

I'm loving it! in my red, white & blue kitchen!

I also chose this set of star shaped ramekins by Le Creuset suitable for baking. Oh what fun it will be to use them all year long, but especially for patriotic celebrations!


Adorable aren't they???? I'm soo tickled for them.



Now for the winning recipe! It has only 5 simple ingredients! And it's easy to make too.

(I made them in the new dish the day after it arrived....what fun!)


WARNING:  This is not a low sugar recipe. =)


CHERRY CHIP CHEESECAKE BARS

1-18 oz. pkg. cherry chip cake mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 - 8 ozs. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 - 16 oz. tub cherry ready-to-spread frosting
3 eggs

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat cake mix (dry) and butter in large bowl on low speed until crumbly; reserve 1 cup. Press remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9" X 13" X 2" baking pan. Beat cream cheese and frosting in bowl together on medium speed until smooth. Beat in eggs and blend well. Pour over crust - sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake about 45 minutes or until set; cool completely. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars (or small squares as they are rich)  - refrigerate any leftovers.

(My daughter-in-love, Kym, has made this recipe using cream cheese frosting and it was wonderful too!)


I won $100 from the national publication - American Profile - a few years ago - for an awesome butternut squash casserole. I've been told it tastes like dessert.  *-*

AP has published 6 of my recipes in their Hometown for the Holidays cookbook also.




Print Friendly and PDF



Linked to A Themed Bakers Sunday
         Ingredient Spotlight
                Gooseberry Patch Roundup
    Recipe of the Week
   Mop it up Monday
       Gooseberry Patch Roundup - Memorial Day
Weekend Potluck
Full Plate Thursday
Meal Plan Monday

5 comments :

  1. Congratulations Marsha! You totally deserve it! I love the things you bought with your gift card. I bet that lid will come in handy on the 9 x 13 baking dish! I'm going to look for the cheesecake ingredients in the store. Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so Happy for you Marsha on winning, You deserve Blessing's for all you do & for so many awesome recipe's , I can't wait to make the CC Cheesecake bar's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just posted the link to your blog on www.bookfun.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you and it's a thrill to see how much fun you had at the cooking store! Happy baking! Many blessings to you! Thanks for blogging about the fun you had and spreading the word about The Book Club Network!

    Sincerely,

    Nora St.Laurent
    The Book Club Network

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly