Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter 'Nests' and More...

I had big plans to make some fun things for Easter posts, and life has kept me hopping (sorry - I couldn't resist =) in other directions.

So I will share what I quickly made, and give you a few links for some other great and creative ideas to help celebrate this special holiday.

I looked around for 'Easter nests' recipes and found sooo many options!

You can use rice krispies, coconut, chow mein noodles, shredded wheat, etc.

Chocolate, marshmallow creme, butterscotch, peanut butter bases...etc.

But I used what I had on hand and that was cornflakes with melted butterscotch chips and peanut butter.  Very tasty.

Simple too!

I think the next time I would hand-crush the cornflakes a little bit before stirring them into the candy mixture. 

I put them in muffin cups to form them easier.  The paper is easily removed after they're chilled.


I tried making a well in the center, but they wouldn't cooperate very easily.  Crushing the flakes some might make a difference?

This recipes comes from Cooks.com

They're more of a candy than a cookie...

EASTER COOKIE BIRD NESTS

1 (6 oz.) butterscotch morsels
1/2 c. peanut butter
5 c. corn flakes
Jelly beans

Melt peanut butter and morsels. Stir in corn flakes and blend until coated. Drop on waxed paper and make a center. Chill and fill with jelly beans or whatever candy you want or even peanuts.



Check out the Easter Bunny Buns from Mommy's Kitchen.  Tina uses her easy cake mix crescent roll recipe to make these adorable bunnies.


Erin at Making Memories with your Kids made these adorable Easter Egg Hunt cookies.  The dough is wrapped around a mini cadbury egg.  I think they couldn't be cuter or more irresistible!


And who could possibly say no to these adorable Cooking Creation's Easter Egg Pops? Celeste also shares some other delicious recipes on this page.

This next idea is my favorite. I enjoyed a great time making these Resurrection Cookies with two of my granddaughters a few years ago. They still talk about it.  The process of making these cookies illustrates the message of Easter.


Her step-by-step pictures are awesome!




May we not forget the Reason for this Easter celebration...

Revelation 1:18 - I am He who lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen.





8 comments :

  1. Good Morning my friend!
    Thanks for all of the great Easter recipes! It makes me want to jump right into my kitchen and start baking!

    Happy Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for including our Easter Egg Hunt cookies! I really appreciate the blog love =o) I hope you have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all look so fun! Thanks for sharing and I love your background :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos....I think bird nests are so cute at Easter time.
    Have a happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well hello my Friend!
    Ok so I was just drooling over the Cereal treats...How come something so simple to make makes a HUGE difference in my waist line?
    (I just dont get it Cereal comes from a "grain"...so there fore I am eating what I am told! That's my story and I am sticking to it!

    Love ya!..Have a GREAT EASTER HOLIDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
    Happy Easter!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just started a blog hop and I'd love for you to come and link up one of your great recipes!!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly