Thursday, June 2, 2011

Guest Post - Lark's Country Heart

Hopefully, you read my post yesterday about my friend Lark.  What an amazing woman! I'm so pleased she did a guest post for me to share with you today! Yippee!! 

Ya'll are in for a special special special (3 recipes!!) treat!  It is SO "Lark" to go the second mile, but in this case, she even went the third! 

Bless you Dear Friend!

Because she enjoys running in marathons, I couldn't resist introducing her by saying...

RUN WITH IT LARK...RUN WITH IT. 

First off let me say thank you to Marsha for inviting me to share a few of my favorite recipes with you all. Marsha has become a dear friend of mine. She is always so up beat and willing to go the extra mile. I tell you she is a very caring & loving person. And I am glad I had the opportunity to get in touch with her. I just Love ya, Pretty Lady! (See - that's just one of many reasons why I love this gal - Marsha)

 

My name is Lark, yup just like the bird. (ha, ha.)

I grew up in a small town in Southern Nevada. Of course when I was young I remember saying "there is nothing to do in a small town." Or "I can't wait to move somewhere else...some where there is a Mall!" Well guess what?...I now am married and raising our Daughter in a SMALL TOWN in Southern Nevada! It isn't the Same town I grew up in, however it is only an hour drive away.

THE HARRINGTON FAMILY - LARK, MATT, & JESSICA

I have always enjoyed Cooking and Baking. I find that making a recipe of my own is so stress re-lieving. And is just one of the hobbies I enjoy. I also love to Run Marathons, Craft, Read, and of course shop! I try to "pay it forward" as often as I can. I have a soft spot for helping to find a CURE for ALL Types of Cancer. I also try and choose Marathons that give back to charities. I am so grateful for the Freedom, Faith, Family & Friends I have.

My Mantra at this moment in life is:
"BE the change you want to see in the world!"

This first recipe is a New one, I haven't even shared it on MY own blog.

If you like chewy brownies or soft cookies, this is the one for you. You get the best of both worlds in these..

Brownie Crackle Cookies

And these Cookies couldn't be any easier.
In a Mixing bowl add all ingredients together and blend well.

1 Box Chewy fudge Brownie Mix (Family Size 9x13)
1 C. Flour
1 Egg
1/2 C. Water
1/4 C. Oil
1 C. Milk Chocolate Chips

After well blended, chill for about 30 min.
Using a tablespoon scoop out dough and shape into balls.
Roll into Powdered Sugar. Place on a parchment lined cookie Sheet. Bake @ 350 for 8-10 minutes.

*The hard part is to not eat them all yourself!*

This 2nd recipe I am sharing is perfect for these up coming hot Summer days ahead....


PINK LEMONADE PIE

The name says it all...YUM!

It is the perfect blend of sweetness and tart.

*You can find this recipe in my community cook book on page 200*

PINK LEMONADE PIE
You will need:


2 (8oz.) container's of Cool whip; thawed
1 (12oz.) Can frozen Pink Lemonade; soft but NOT thawed
1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
2-3 drops red food coloring:Optional
1 (9 inch) Graham Cracker Crust


In a bowl or mixing bowl, add lemonade, cool whip, lemon juice. Mix well however do NOT beat. Stir in condensed milk. Add in food coloring if desired.


Pour into crust. Let chill for at least 1 hour before serving.


*I usually make the day before, so it is well chilled & set.*


And last but not least the Main Dish!


Mom's World Famous Sour Cream Enchiladas.

Growing up, our family always called them "Green Enchiladas", due to the color of the sauce. Mom was not fond of us calling them that. She said it made her sound as if she didn't know how to cook. (ha,ha)


So we kids now lovingly call them Her World famous!


*This is also in the Cook Book, pg 122*




(For purchasing info about Lark's cookbook, click here but be sure you read tomorrow's post where I will be giving one away.  Don't forget to enter)

 

MOM'S WORLD FAMOUS SOUR CREAM ENCHILADAS
1 lb. Grated Cheddar Cheese
1 lg. Onion, chopped
2 Cans Chicken;drained (or you can use any left over Chicken or Turkey.)
1 pt. Sour Cream
2 Cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Soup can of Milk
2-3 small Cans of Diced Green Chilies
2 doz. White Corn Tortilla's


In a large mixing bowl mix together the Chicken, Onion, Cheese and Sour Cream. Set aside.


In blender add Soup, milk, and chilies. Blend on high until smooth.


Now you will need to "Soft Fry" the tortilla shells in oil. Making sure to drain them off on paper towels.


Next you will add a scoop of the sour cream chicken filling onto a tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 9x13 pan. Continue until all tortillas are filled. Pour the Sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Bake @ 350 for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.


These are VERY freezer friendly. So go ahead and make a double batch, you will be glad you did.


I hope ya'll will enjoy these recipes as much as my family does.


And Thank you again Marsha for having me!


Feel free to drop by http://larkscountryheart.blogspot.com/
any time and have a look around. Leave me a comment so I will know you stopped in so I can come visit your blog as well.









6 comments :

  1. All the recipes look amazing. Thank you Lark for sharing. I know exactly what you mean about "nothing to do in a small town". I have been in a small town myself for 43 years. I think that is why I have turned to cooking and baking. Great Mantra too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsha, what a triple stupendous guest post! All 3 recipes look fabulous, Lark...I've made those crackles and they're always a hit. The pie and enchiladas look just as good. Thank you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha this is an AWESOME guest post..Lark has some GREAT food presented here but no shock, she is talented and inspiring. I could lost in YOUR blog, Marsha for days and days and days...so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to say thank you for all the kind comments. I was honored that Marsha asked...What a Fabulous Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAWWW - ya'll are soo sweet ya bring tears. Lark - you are a darlin! And thank you other angel friends for your lovely comments. Oh how I enjoyed each one! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so yummy! I am your newest follower!! If you want to check out my blog also that would be wonderful! I am just starting out, but excited to be sharing knew ideas about food,crafts and makeup. I will also be giving away giveaways on mineral makeup so look out for that!!
    -Brooke
    for-the-love-of.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly