Thursday, July 7, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas

I've had this one in my files for some time...it's finally getting posted!


I prefer Mexican food over all other ethnic dishes. And this is definitely a favorite!

It's delicious and easy and we enjoy it often. Makes a great company dish also.

Sorry I can't post a picture of these delicious eats after they're cooked, and cheese is melted.

When I made these, I put them in the freezer for my daughter and family.

They are SO tasty and easy to put together. I love that they're moist too.

AND yes...they can be frozen ahead too! 

But they're not in Deb's freezer for long, because her whole family loves them and they get eaten quickly.



CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
(From The Better Baker)

1 Tb. butter
1 (4 ozs) can diced green chilies
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 (10 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c. sour cream
1-1/2 c. cooked cubed chicken
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
6 - 12 flour tortillas
1/4 c. milk

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 9" X 13" X 2" baking dish.  In saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and saute green chilies and garlic powder.  Add cream of mushroom soup and sour cream; mix well. Reserve half of the sauce; set aside. 

To remaining half of sauce, add chicken and 1/2 c. of cheese. Stir. Fill tortillas and roll up; place seam side down in baking dish.  In small bowl, mix the remaining sauce with milk. Spoon over tortillas and top with remaining cheese.  Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

Yield: 4 - 6 servings

When I don't have the chilies, I substitute salsa instead.  You can also use cream of chicken soup if you prefer it over mushroom.

6 comments :

  1. Marsha ~ Recipes that are simple and easy are the best...going to have to make these! Hope you are staying cool where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one thing I have yet to make, enchiladas of any kind. I know it would be appreicated and yet I am intimidated.

    This might be the one to break the fear.

    Wonderful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMM...so creamy...so dreamy....I love chicken enchiladas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy... I just saw a Mexican rice recipe that these would be perfect with. I wanted to let you know about my cookbook giveaway that is going on right now until July 16th. Stop on by to enter! Hope you are having a great week :)

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love Mexican food in our house too, it's one of our favorites! Love your recipe and that it can be frozen, saving this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your chicken enchiladas looks really cheesy and good.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly