Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Let's Celebrate Ice Cream Sandwich Day...and a Blue Ribbon too!

It's officially....

ICE CREAM SANDWICH DAY
(click on link above to view recipe to make your own ice cream sammies)

And because it is, I decided it was an appropriate day to share another fun summer dessert!

This is another Easy Peasy recipe...only 3 ingredients!!  Four if you want.

I'm not a huge fan of ice cream...I like having something to bite into, so I've always favored ice cream sandwiches.

A few years ago, another culinary friend Sandy (who has exposed me to MANY wonderful recipes!) made this sweet treat, and the rest is history!

it's something I love to make ahead and keep on hand for unexpected company.

Did you know they're making all kinds of ice cream sandwiches these days?  I was intrigued with these...half chocolate and half vanilla...the ice cream part and the sandwich part also.

(I cheated and made only half the recipe=)


And after I'd purchased these vanilla/choc combos, I saw some that are part chocolate/vanilla/caramel.

I LOVE the options!



Watch out - it goes quickly!

GOING...GOING...GONE! 
ICE CREAM SANDWICH DESSERT
(From The Better Baker)

1 - 12 count box ice cream sandwiches, not mini
1 (12 ozs) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 - 2 c. crushed candies - whoppers, heath bars, peanut butter cups, butterfingers (I used whoppers)
1 - (11 ozs) jar caramel, butterscotch or fudge ice cream topping, optional

Place 11 ice cream sandwiches in bottom of 9" X 13" X 2" dish. (You will cut one - or two - depending on size of pan - in half to fit evenly). Blend whipped topping and candies together; spread over top.  (Or just sprinkle the candies over the whipped topping) If desired, spread ice cream topping over top of sandwiches before adding whipped topping/candy mixture, or drizzle it over top when serving. Cover and freeze, being sure to cover tightly.

Yield: 12 - 15 servings
{coarsely chopped whoppers)
Try it - it's WHOPPING delicious!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I WON! I WON!
I just found out a few days ago that I have won a "Blue Ribbon" at Just a Pinch Recipe Club (online) for my Waffle Iron Cookies.



 
Please check out the page right here


What a kick! I've only been a member there for a few weeks, so I do think I'll have to 'try try again'....and I encourage all of you to do the same.


They really do make it very simple to join and share simple recipes.

Hope you'll try this fun recipe. It's kid-friendly and doesn't heat the house up like your oven does.


WAFFLE IRON COOKIES


There's no $$ involved...so..."No Wealth...Just Fame" haha