Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Let's Celebrate Ice Cream Sandwich Day...and a Blue Ribbon too!

It's officially....

ICE CREAM SANDWICH DAY
(click on link above to view recipe to make your own ice cream sammies)

And because it is, I decided it was an appropriate day to share another fun summer dessert!

This is another Easy Peasy recipe...only 3 ingredients!!  Four if you want.

I'm not a huge fan of ice cream...I like having something to bite into, so I've always favored ice cream sandwiches.

A few years ago, another culinary friend Sandy (who has exposed me to MANY wonderful recipes!) made this sweet treat, and the rest is history!

it's something I love to make ahead and keep on hand for unexpected company.

Did you know they're making all kinds of ice cream sandwiches these days?  I was intrigued with these...half chocolate and half vanilla...the ice cream part and the sandwich part also.

(I cheated and made only half the recipe=)


And after I'd purchased these vanilla/choc combos, I saw some that are part chocolate/vanilla/caramel.

I LOVE the options!



Watch out - it goes quickly!

GOING...GOING...GONE! 
ICE CREAM SANDWICH DESSERT
(From The Better Baker)

1 - 12 count box ice cream sandwiches, not mini
1 (12 ozs) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 - 2 c. crushed candies - whoppers, heath bars, peanut butter cups, butterfingers (I used whoppers)
1 - (11 ozs) jar caramel, butterscotch or fudge ice cream topping, optional

Place 11 ice cream sandwiches in bottom of 9" X 13" X 2" dish. (You will cut one - or two - depending on size of pan - in half to fit evenly). Blend whipped topping and candies together; spread over top.  (Or just sprinkle the candies over the whipped topping) If desired, spread ice cream topping over top of sandwiches before adding whipped topping/candy mixture, or drizzle it over top when serving. Cover and freeze, being sure to cover tightly.

Yield: 12 - 15 servings
{coarsely chopped whoppers)
Try it - it's WHOPPING delicious!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I WON! I WON!
I just found out a few days ago that I have won a "Blue Ribbon" at Just a Pinch Recipe Club (online) for my Waffle Iron Cookies.



 
Please check out the page right here


What a kick! I've only been a member there for a few weeks, so I do think I'll have to 'try try again'....and I encourage all of you to do the same.


They really do make it very simple to join and share simple recipes.

Hope you'll try this fun recipe. It's kid-friendly and doesn't heat the house up like your oven does.


WAFFLE IRON COOKIES


There's no $$ involved...so..."No Wealth...Just Fame" haha





6 comments :

  1. What a neat day to celebrate. Both of your treats look great. Wish I had a waffle iron now so I could make those cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the blue ribbon! I'm not an ice cream fan either, but when I get the craving, an ice cream sandwich is great. And I do know a couple people in the house that would love the ice cream sandwich dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you! That looks like one delicious dessert right there!!! I'd use butterfingers, and I love the caramel and butterscotch addition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had this dessert! Yum!

    And congratulations on your win! Nobody deserves it more, sweetie! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That ice cream sandwich dessert would make me very popular with my kids. It sounds delicious and messy...their two favorite things :-). I love how easy it is to throw together, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my heck! This looks delicious!!! I would love the ones with caramel too! And congrats! That's so cool! I'll have to make both of these awesome desserts!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly