Thursday, August 4, 2011

Easy Chicken Enchiladas using Philly Cooking Creme

I just HAD to try this new creamy product from Kraft!

This one is the Sante Fe Blend...MMM!



My special blogging friend, Angie, from A 'lil Country Sugar had used the 'Savory Garlic' on her corn on the cob...check out her post and see if you can resist!

I'm such a die hard fan of Mexican foods, I had to try this flavor and used the recipe on the back of the container for this yummy dish.

I loved the taste, but WHEN I use it again...and I will use it again...I will mix some sour cream with the last portion of the creme to top the enchiladas with.  I like mine a little creamier and there just wasn't enough of the 'sauce' to suit me.

Dare you to try this!!

It takes a few simple ingredients...




mix it together and fill the tortillas then bake...


YUM YUM!!


EASY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS


1 small onion, chopped
2 tsp. oil
3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
1 can (14.5 ozs) nno-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
1 tub (10 ozs) Philadelphia Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme, divided
1/2 c. Mexican style finely shredded four cheese
8 flour tortillas (6")

Preheat oven to 350. Cook and stir onions in hot oil in large skillet on medium heat 4 - 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Stir in chicken, tomatoes, 3/4 c. cooking creme and shredded cheese. Spoon about 1/3 c. chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up.  Place, seam side down, in 13" X 9" baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining cooking creme (this is where I would mix it with sour cream). Cover. Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until heated through.

The tub of creme has more recipes ideas on top of the lid.

Thank you Kraft for another great product!!




Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments :

  1. Looks like a great dish! I love enchiladas!

    The Savory Garlic one would be a hit in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering if those creams were any good! Yours looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always looking for a good chicken enchilada recipe & this looks delicious!!!

    Thank you so much for the sweet & encouraging comment you left on my blog. You made me smile! :)

    Have a blessed day!
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are delicious! I made them the other day after a friend of mine, who does demos in grocery stores, did one on these products. I altered the recipe just a little and made 1/2 with chicken and half with ground beef to please the family's tastes. I also added another layer of cheese on top and some sour cream. I too like my extra creamy and smothered in cheese! Warning...addictive!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly