Friday, March 16, 2012

Andes Creme de Menthe Chunk Cookies

Top O'the Mornin' to ya! 

Enjoy a happy St. Patty's weekend!

I recently became involved in baking lots of cookies that were being used in a prison ministry, so I will have MANY cookie recipes to share in the weeks ahead.

This is a deliciously wonderful cookie that tastes like 'MORE'...=)

Being the cookie monster that I am...I loved baking several recipes I've been wanting to try.  MMMM!
I had a bag of the Andes mint chunks in the freezer, so it was just a 'given' that I bake these up. The recipe is on the back of the bag.

They were wonderful!

Here's a link to another post I had last year that is a chocolate cookie with chopped Andes mints in them...and I chopped my own. 
Mint Chocolate Cookies


I present to you this Andes Chunk Cookies...


ANDES CREME DE MENTHE CHUNK COOKIES

1/2 c. salted butter, softened
3/4 c. dark brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 pkg. (10 ozs) Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips
2-2/3 c. all purpose flour

Blend butter, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs until smooth and well blended. Stir in Andes baking chips and then flour.  Chill approximately for one hour. Measure out approximately 1 ozs. of dough (I made mine the size of large walnuts). Form ball and slightly flatten.  Raise oven rack one level above middle and bake on non-stick (or greased) baking pans at 350 for about 8 - 10 minutes. Cool on pans for 2 minutes before removing.

Yield: 3 - 4 dozen cookies

They don't spread out a lot so I was able to put 15 on a medium cookie sheet.

Linked to Weekend Potluck

2 comments :

  1. Yummy post! Happy St. Patrick's Day, Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "Freshness" of Andes Mints, makes for such lovely desserts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly