Thursday, March 15, 2012

Single Serving Thin Mint Diet Coke Cake - Seriously!!

Is this unreal or what???

I wish I could be someone who comes up with simple and delicious recipes like this one! 

This recipe fits those who have a sweet tooth, but don't want to mess with making a whole dessert.

This is perfect for those who want to satisfy that sweet tooth, without leftovers.

YOWZA!!!


I was just SO happy when I came across this at Something Swanky.
Ashton has tons! of cutsie & delicious recipes and her photos are so delightful & appealing.

This is one of her simple presentations that looks 'over the top'.

LET ME JUST SAY...

Yes, I do realize there are controversies going on about diet soda 
(AKA 'sweet poison').....I haven't tried it, but suppose regular soda would work in this recipe.  It is...after all...only 2 Tb. in the recipe. 

We all have to make our own choices - there are plenty of controversies about sweetners, and we just have to do our research and do what we feel is best for us and our families, so....

With that said....make this your own by using whatever cake mix (regular, 50% reduced sugar , or sugar free?) you'd like....same goes for the kind of soda you use too.   *-*

I've made this a few times now and will continue...even after my Girl Scout Thin Mints are gone. I'll go find that Keebler alternative.

I love the crunchiness the cookie adds to this terrific treat.

I really must include one of Ashton's photos..just so you get a 'taste' of the awesome presentation she has with each of her special recipes.   Please stop by and check out her amazing creations.


I can't begin to imagine having such COOL photos!

Anyway....this is the simple recipe and I hope you'll run right to the kitchen and enjoy it.  It has been a great after-dinner dessert for hubby and me.  I love sharing the simplicity of the idea with everyone I come in contact with also.

Here ya go....3 simple ingredients, plus ice cream or whipped topping! 

This (ugly) photo was taken just before microwaving...


THIN MINT DIET COKE CAKE
(SINGLE SERVING)

2 heaping TB. of chocolate cake mix
2 TB. diet coke
1 chocolate covered cookie (like Girl Scout thin mints or peanut butter pattie cookies - Keebler has similar cookies too)
(or use a handful of chocolate or peanut butter chips)

Grease oven safe mug or ramekin with shortening.
(I used cooking spray).
In small bowl, mix cake mix with diet coke, using a spoon. Mix until smooth - pour into ramekin.

Press thin mint into the batter until batter comes up a little bit over edges of the cookie.

Microwave on high for 60 seconds or bake at 350 for 15 - 18 minutes.

Top with ice cream or whipped topping, and fudge sauce if desired.

Linked to Mix it up Monday
                   Mop it up Monday
                   Crazy Sweet Tuesday
                    Gooseberry Patch Roundup
                         Gooseberry Patch Roundup - Shortcuts
             Ingredient Spotlight - Cake Mix


5 comments :

  1. Hiya! You can just use water too...it'll cook up the same with no extra calories or worries about what's in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this week that you would have to drink 1000 cans of soda to get enough of that chemical to actually cause cancer.

    The cake looks yummy..what a beautiful presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! The thin mint is my favorite Girl Scout cookie....I'm going to have to give this a try. I'll have to buy a can of soda though....I don't drink it or have it in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha..I should have said it was "1000 cans in one day" ...not over a lifetime, or something like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza is right! Sometimes we need just a quick dessert & this one takes "the cake" so to speak!! Can you believe it, I don't have any thin mints, but I can get the Keebler ones. I wonder how the Andes Mints would taste??!!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly