Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal

Gracious me!  I sure hope you're not thinking....
OH NOT ANOTHER BAKED OATMEAL RECIPE!!!

(I have two more in my drafts right now!)

I love this dish SO much!

It POPPED right out at me!

I don't waste any time waiting until Thanksgiving to enjoy pumpkin.  I enjoy it all year around.


It's already been determined...I am an oatmeal nut, and I love all things pumpkin, so this recipe fit nicely into my collection! 

It's simple to make, delicious to eat, and it's a healthier dish too!

It hasn't been long, but I've been following Debbi Does Dinner...Healthy and Low Calorie and have already tried a number of her delicious dishes. She uses 'real' food - you don't have to buy weird ingredients, if you know what I mean.

Please pay her a visit and let her know I sent you over.

I really couldn't tell it had apple cider (I thawed frozen concentrate and mixed it with water), but it could have added to the moistness of this wonderful dish.

The nuts on top almost made it feel like I was eating PIE!

Make it one day and enjoy it for several...if it lasts that long!

A healthy dish that can be reheated for a quick and warm breakfast before you head out the door.

Or if you're like me...for lunch or dinner!


PUMPKIN PIE BAKED OATMEAL

1 c. pumpkin puree (from can or fresh frozen, thawed)
1 c. apple cider
2 eggs
(I used 2 egg whites and my favorite egg substitute -
1 TB. flax seed meal mixed with 3 TB. water)
1/2 c. milk
(I used 1%)
1/4 c. honey
2 TB. (sugar free) maple syrup
2 TB. butter, melted
(I used Smart Balance)
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 c. rolled oats
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. pecan halves

Preheat oven to 350. Spray deep dish pie plate or an 8 x 8 in. pan with oil, set aside.



 In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, apple cider, eggs, milk, honey, maple syrup, butter, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in oats, baking powder, salt and baking soda.

Pour into dish and sprinkle with pecans. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until set. Serve with hot maple syrup or honey if desired.

Total calories = 1500 calories (without my substitutions)

9 servings = 167 calories per serving

Linked to
Fit & Fabulous Friday
Breakfast Ideas Monday
Scrumptious Sunday
Homemade Holiday
     Ingredient Spotlight - Oats
      Ingredient Spotlight - Pumpkin
           Gooseberry Patch Roundup - Pumpkin
Melt in Your Mouth Monday
Meal Plan Monday 

mop it up mondays

Mixitup

9 comments :

  1. Looks awesome, and a great way to get some oatmeal inside my kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, Marsha! I love pumpkin all year'round! This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could eat this often! I love pumpkin any time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love oatmeal too and I love all the flavor combinations you're coming up with! Thank you so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday and I hope you'll stop back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you....oatmeal & pumpkin...yes, please!! It looks so delicious! I am so happy you linked up at Mop It Up Mondays last week! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Marsha!!! You had the most page views on Fit and Fabulous Fridays this week!! You will be on my Fit Features of the Week post today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had baked oatmeal. This looks so yummo, and I wouldn't feel guilty at all eating this!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly