Thursday, March 29, 2012

Orange Dreamsicle Cake




I have a sweet friend who is always trying something new, and leaving a sample on my doorstep when I'm not home.
(Thank you Sandy!)

This was one of the latest sample I got to try and it was WONDERFUL!!!

I always loved dreamsicles as a kid and love my own Dreamsicle Salad - you can view that recipe here {Sugar Free Option}

What an easy and tasty dessert this is! LOVE the color too - perfect for spring & Easter too, don't you think?

You can make 2-9" layers - a bundt cake - or cupcakes!


Give it a try - If you have a hard time finding an orange cake mix, why not try a strawberry one? (with strawberry jello)

It's all yummy-licious!!!  VERY light. The light whipped frosting is a perfect topping for the cake too.

If you want to cut back on calories/sugar, use sugar free pudding and jello...no problem. (Just use less jello as there isn't the same amount as in a 'regular' pkg. of jello - s-f is 'stronger')


ORANGE DREAMSICLE CAKE

1 (20 ozs) box orange (Duncan Hines) cake mix
1 (3 ozs) box instant vanilla pudding (4-serving size)
3 Tbs. orange jello

TOPPING:

1 (8 ozs) pkg. cream cheese
3 Tb. orange jello
1 c. powdered sugar
(I use half splenda, half powdered sugar)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 (8 ozs) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed

Mix cake according to directions on box, adding pudding and jello. Pour into prepared pans - 2-9" round cake pans, 1 bundt pan - Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes or until done.  Let cool completely.

For topping: Blend cream cheese with jello and powdered sugar; add vanilla then whipped topping. Beat until thoroughly combined. Spread on cake - keep refrigerated.



7 comments :

  1. I love dreamsicles!! And how lucky you are to have goodies delivered to your door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I linked over from Flour Me With Love. Congratulations on your Versatile Blogger Award! This recipe sounds great! I am a new linky follower. Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really good! I have never seen orange cake...maybe I never looked! I'l be a lookin' now for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marsha! I don't think I ever saw orange cake mix before! Yum! This looks like a real keeper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy! It would be perfect for Easter! What a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds yummy. I love dreamsicles. I will have to try this recipe.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at Dreamsicle!! This looks amazing! I featured it at this week's Mop It Up Mondays: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/04/mop-it-up-mondays-14.html

    Have a great week!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly