Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Gooey Caramel Coconut Brownies {Weight Watchers!}

WHO DOESN'T LOVE A GOOD BROWNIE!?

I sure do!

Especially when it's ooey gooey...and only FOUR Weight Watchers Points (Plus).

I'm thrilled to finally share this recipe with you.  It's been in my 'to try' pile for a while, and I am just beside myself to pass it onto you.

It's simple to make and surprisingly you can have it on your 'diet'!


I found this awesome recipe at Hungry Girl online in one of the 'tips & recipes' I get in my email daily.

It's like the best part of German Chocolate Cake landed on top of an ooey gooey brownie!

OH MY!!!

For the base you mix a cake mix (I used a lowfat brownie mix) with a can of pumpkin and use these simple ingredients for the topping.


I do have to confess - I doubled the topping ingredients, just because I had them on hand..and I like lots of GOOEY!

AND...I cut the pieces bigger than 1/16th of the dessert.

(I wasn't counting points the day I made them=)

I know..I'm sooo bad!

This is still a real treat, even if you ARE counting WW Points!

Here ya go.  This would make a great dessert for Easter. Coconut always makes me think of Easter...does it you too?


GOOEY CARAMEL COCONUT BROWNIES

1 - (18 ozs) box moist-style devil's food cake mix
(or low-fat brownie mix)
1 - (15 ozs) can pumpkin puree
1 sugar-free caramel pudding snack (60 cals. each or less)
1/4 c. light or fat-free caramel dip
(I used caramel syrup cause it's what I had)
2 Tb. finely chopped pecans
2 Tb. shredded sweetened coconut, chopped

Preheat oven to 400. Spray 9" X 13" baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.

In large bowl, combine cake mix with pumpkin. Stir until blended.
(I like to rinse the can with a little water and add that too)
(Batter will be thick). Spread into prepared baking pan and smooth out the top (using a spatula sprayed with cooking spray works nicely)

Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 20 - 25 minutes. Cool completely.

Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine pudding, caramel dip, pecans and coconut. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate until brownies are ready to serve.

Evenly spread pudding mixture over brownies.  Slice & enjoy!

(Because it's just the two of us, I added the topping each time I served these luscious bites of WOW!)

Yield: 16 servings - 4 WW Points Plus each

Linked to Weekend Potluck
                   Fit & Fabulous Friday
           Scrumptious Sunday


6 comments :

  1. These look so sinful! I could eat the whole pan...thank heaven they're considered "diet" food ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be still my heart. All things I love and low ww points. How great is that? Definitely going on the to try soon list and in my Friday Finds this week. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great recipe! Totally pinning it for the times I feel like being good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being the featured recipe over at Weekend Potluck. Come on over and grab a featured button if you'd like!! Everyone just loved this recipe. Thank you, as always, for sharing your recipes with all of us each week. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Looks soooo good! Thanks for posting at Scrumptious Sunday!

    http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly