Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cake Batter Rice Krispy Treats

A wonderful and simple snack. I made it to take to my daughter's and shared with my granddaughters. 


This is what I call an "Easy Peasy" recipe! You can actually think about other things while you're making it...*-*

This is another recipe I found at Chef in Training where you can find a number of other recipes that call for added dry cake mix.

This is the site I found the recipe to make my Cake Batter Pudding Cookies that I posted a while back.

It's a quick snack to make for bake sales, drop in guests, dessert tonight, etc. etc.  And it's not as sugar-full as some other desserts.

Try 'em...you're sure to like 'em...even LOVE 'em!

And your family is sure to love you for making these rice krispy treats 'extra special'.


3 Tb. butter
1 - 10 ozs. bag mini marshmallows
1/3 - 2/3 c. dry yellow cake mix
6 c. rice krispies cereal
1 (1.75 ozs) container of sprinkles

Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows.  Stir until melted, adding cake mix one spoonful at a time until combined.  Taste to get the cake mix flavor you desire.
(I liked using the full 2/3 c.)

Stir in cereal until completely coated. Sprinkle half of sprinkles in and stir. Press into a baking dish (any size works...depends on how thick you'd like them - I used an 8" X 11") and top with remaining sprinkles. 

Let set about 30 minutes before cutting...if you can wait!