Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cake Batter Rice Krispy Treats

A wonderful and simple snack. I made it to take to my daughter's and shared with my granddaughters. 

THEY LOOOOVE SPRINKLES!

This is what I call an "Easy Peasy" recipe! You can actually think about other things while you're making it...*-*

This is another recipe I found at Chef in Training where you can find a number of other recipes that call for added dry cake mix.

This is the site I found the recipe to make my Cake Batter Pudding Cookies that I posted a while back.

It's a quick snack to make for bake sales, drop in guests, dessert tonight, etc. etc.  And it's not as sugar-full as some other desserts.

Try 'em...you're sure to like 'em...even LOVE 'em!

And your family is sure to love you for making these rice krispy treats 'extra special'.



CAKE BATTER RICE KRISPY TREATS

3 Tb. butter
1 - 10 ozs. bag mini marshmallows
1/3 - 2/3 c. dry yellow cake mix
6 c. rice krispies cereal
1 (1.75 ozs) container of sprinkles

Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows.  Stir until melted, adding cake mix one spoonful at a time until combined.  Taste to get the cake mix flavor you desire.
(I liked using the full 2/3 c.)

Stir in cereal until completely coated. Sprinkle half of sprinkles in and stir. Press into a baking dish (any size works...depends on how thick you'd like them - I used an 8" X 11") and top with remaining sprinkles. 

Let set about 30 minutes before cutting...if you can wait!



2 comments :

  1. Great recipe Marsha! I know a group of second graders that would love these treats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just know my grand kids would love these. What a great recipe to share.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly