Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Deep Dish Gooey Cookie Pie


After seeing this simple recipe at Back for Seconds - I just couldn't quit thinking about it.  I had a choco chip cookie mix in the cupboard and when I had a hankerin' for some sweets, I whipped it up quickly and was enjoying it warm.  MMMMM!


It's so 'EASY PEASY' - only THREE ingredients - and it has many options...use sugar cookie or peanut butter mix, nutella instead of peanut butter, nuts, m & m's (or chopped candy of choice)... whatever 'turns your crank'.

Simple and delicious!  It's a winner as far as I'm concerned.  I'm not even fond of marshmallows, but I could NOT leave this alone.

Very attractive cookie pie too - this would make a great dish to prepare for a bake sale...

or if you're like me...whenever you're craving something sweet and want it NOW! 

Pour yourself a tall glass of cold milk and enjoy a big chunk of warm cookie pie.

You'll be sure to love me forever!



DEEP DISH GOOEY COOKIE PIE
1 batch of chocolate chip cookie dough
(I used a dry mix but you could purchase ready-made)

1/2 - 3/4 cup mini marshmallows

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter


Preheat oven to 350*


Press half of the dough into a greased 12" cast iron skillet (I used a 9" round cake pan.) Top with dollops of peanut butter evenly all over the dough. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Top with remaining cookie dough, making sure to spread it evenly.

Bake for 25 minutes or until edges brown and cookie is set. Tastes great at room temperature but is super yummy warmed up with ice cream on top...and maybe a drizzle of hot fudge if you want to go 'whole hog'.

Or taste it as soon as it cools from the oven.

(I'm not sayin' if I did or didn't do that...
but just be careful not to burn your mouth =)  

          Creative Thursday
        Weekend Potluck
               Melt in your Mouth Monday
           Totally Tasty Tuesday
          It's a Piece O' Cake
            Mrs. Fox's Sweet Party
            Gooseberry Patch Roundup - 5 ingredients or less
          Ingredient Spotlight - Chocolate Chips


10 comments :

  1. Just had to pin this...you are dishin out some good stuff with this one he! he! Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks divine and I love how simple too! I can't wait to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks sinfully fantastic. And you are not alone on the "burning the mouth". I do that every time....Why do cooks, bakers, chefs always rush a good thing. I just don't have the patience to let things sit and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMM...That looks so good! yum. Warm with coffee? heaven. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These looks so easy and absolutely delicious! Fabulous combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Lawdy Sugah! This is something you know I would make! ~smile~ Thank you for sharing on Thursday's Treasures Week 34. See you next week. <3 and hugs! http://www.recipesformyboys.com/2012/05/thursdays-treasures-week-34.html open all week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh.heavens! This looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Served warm with a scoop of ice cream? YES PLEASE. LOL I'm pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing! I love a soft cookie center :) Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy you tried my recipe! And I'm even happier that you loved it! I just made another version...will have to post it soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly