Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Skinny Raspberry/Banana Shake

Guess you could say I'm on a Raspberry "KICK" this week!!

I do love the 'skinny' recipes that Nancy posts at Skinny Kitchen , and when I saw the recipe for Skinny McCafe Strawberry Shake linked up to last week's Weekend Potluck, I couldn't wait to make it.  

Please oh please check out Nancy's post and blog.  She shares soo much nutritional information...like FAT FACTS...HEALTHY BENEFITS and Weight Watchers Points too!  LOOOVE it!

I made a few revisions...since I had fresh raspberries instead of strawberries, I decided on a combo of berries with bananas.

(I use to work in a pizza joint {yep - I learned to twirl the crust in the air!} and learned to make raspberry/banana shakes there). 

I keep sliced bananas in the freezer so they are ready anytime to add to a shake or smoothie. 


SKINNY RASPBERRY BANANA SHAKE 

1/2 c. fat-free (Breyers) creamy vanilla ice cream or fat-free frozen yogurt
3 Tb. skim milk
(I doubled that amount)
1 c. fresh strawberries, sliced
(I used 1/2 c. raspberries, 1/2 c. frozen banana slices)
3/4 c. ice cubes, or less
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
2 packets Splenda, Equal or Stevia


Add all ingredients to a blender.  Mix on high until completely blended.  You may want to stir in between cycles. 

Makes 1 -12 ozs. shake

Don't miss checking out post #2 today - RASPBERRY SWEETIES - 
(pictured in the photo above) 
Easy Peasy and Delicious Snack!

Linked to Thursdays Treasures
Weekend Potluck
Fit & Fabulous Fridays
Foodie Friends Friday
       Melt in your Mouth Monday
Full Plate Thursday