Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Skinny Raspberry/Banana Shake

Guess you could say I'm on a Raspberry "KICK" this week!!

I do love the 'skinny' recipes that Nancy posts at Skinny Kitchen , and when I saw the recipe for Skinny McCafe Strawberry Shake linked up to last week's Weekend Potluck, I couldn't wait to make it.  

Please oh please check out Nancy's post and blog.  She shares soo much nutritional information...like FAT FACTS...HEALTHY BENEFITS and Weight Watchers Points too!  LOOOVE it!

I made a few revisions...since I had fresh raspberries instead of strawberries, I decided on a combo of berries with bananas.

(I use to work in a pizza joint {yep - I learned to twirl the crust in the air!} and learned to make raspberry/banana shakes there). 

I keep sliced bananas in the freezer so they are ready anytime to add to a shake or smoothie. 


SKINNY RASPBERRY BANANA SHAKE 

1/2 c. fat-free (Breyers) creamy vanilla ice cream or fat-free frozen yogurt
3 Tb. skim milk
(I doubled that amount)
1 c. fresh strawberries, sliced
(I used 1/2 c. raspberries, 1/2 c. frozen banana slices)
3/4 c. ice cubes, or less
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
2 packets Splenda, Equal or Stevia


Add all ingredients to a blender.  Mix on high until completely blended.  You may want to stir in between cycles. 

Makes 1 -12 ozs. shake

Don't miss checking out post #2 today - RASPBERRY SWEETIES - 
(pictured in the photo above) 
Easy Peasy and Delicious Snack!

Linked to Thursdays Treasures
Weekend Potluck
Fit & Fabulous Fridays
Foodie Friends Friday
       Melt in your Mouth Monday
Full Plate Thursday






5 comments :

  1. Mmmmm! I will be making these asap! Perfect summer treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just what I need!! And it's skinny! Thank you for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back tomorrow to VOTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! Always looking for new shake recipes and this looks great.. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. A new follower through linky followers (once I figure out how to do it :0).
    marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmm....another gorgeous skinny shake! Yum, yum!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly