Thursday, October 11, 2012

Magic Brownie Bars {Sugar Free Option}

OH.MY.GOODNESS! 

I was soo happy to see this recipe at Mandy's South Your Mouth linked
up at our Weekend Potluck.  She has sooo many amazing dishes!

This is such an easy and yummy treat to quickly whip up. I'd seen several versions around on the net so I just decided to make this my own. 

The base is a brownie mix...the topping is like Magic Bars.
(my recipe for sugar free sweetened condensed milk below)


What a perfect combination! I say whoever decided to put these two classics together was brilliant!!

I made mine sugar-free and they were awesome. A friend had given me a sugar free brownie mix so I was tickled when I saw this mouth-watering idea. 

Toasting the pecans first makes them even better, but it's optional.  

This would be a great addition to your holiday baking list, especially for those who have to limit their sugar intake. 


MAGIC BROWNIE BARS 
1 9" X 13" (sugar free) box brownie mix
Ingredients needed for brownie mix 
1 - 12 oz. bag butterscotch or chocolate chip morsels
(my sugar free recipe is here)
2 - 3 c. sweetened flaked coconut 
(I used unsweetened) 
1-1/2 c. chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
1- 14 ozs. can sweetened condensed milk
(My nearly-sugar free version is here)

Preheat oven to 350*. 

Line a 9" X 13" baking pan with foil and spray generously with cooking spray.

Prepare brownie mix according to package directions; spread evenly into prepared pan. 

Sprinkle morsels, coconut and pecans over top of brownie batter. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly over top. Bake 35 - 40 minutes.
(Sugar free bakes faster - mine baked about 25 minutes). 
Bake until the top is browned nicely. 

Remove from oven; cool to room temp. Remove brownies from pan by lifting up on foil and cut into servings. 

Enjoy every tasty bite!!

Linked to Weekend Potluck
            Foodie Friends Friday


4 comments :

  1. Whoa Marsha, another winner and a sugar free version!! Yummy in the tummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great combination! My family would LOVE these!

    Have a nice weekend, Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so delicious! And I love that there is a sugar free version too. Thanks a ton!!!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly