Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Nutterbutter Fudge {Microwave}



OH.MY.SOUL!!!!!!!!!

This easy fudge is fantastic! Maybe even Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious!

Only 4 simple ingredients - a microwave - an 8" X 8" pan and you are all set!

Honestly, it took less than 2 minutes to make this irresistible treat. 

This would make a special gift for the holidays or if you need to make something quick for a bake sale or potluck. 

I used the little (round,tall) tub of mini Nutterbutter cookies (at the Dollar store) - worked perfectly. I'm a gal who loves crunch, and having that extra YUM to bite into made this perfect for me. 

I found the recipe at Kristin's Knook and know I will be making it for the holidays. I've already stocked up when I found peanut butter chips on sale. 

Not long ago, we had an out-of-town friend spend the night (Hi Kristal!). She's always been WILD about peanut butter fudge.  After tasting mine, she went & bought the ingredients so I could make it so she could take it with her.  
*-*

(And six months later when I was in touch with her, she told me she's made this awesome fudge 50 times!...hmm...she does have a tendency to exaggerate a little bit=) 

MMMM good stuff!


NUTTERBUTTER FUDGE

1/2 c. peanut butter
1 - 11 ozs. bag Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
(I suggest using name brand for fullest flavor)
1 - 14 ozs. can sweetened condensed milk
1 container mini-Nutterbutter cookies (or about 10 large, crushed coarsely)

Line an 8" X 8" pan with foil & spray with cooking spray.
(I used nonstick foil)

In a microwavable bowl, melt the peanut butter, chips and sweetened condensed milk together.  After 45 seconds on high, I stirred and stirred until it was all nearly melted, then zapped it for another 10 - 15 seconds. (Be careful not to overcook.. you just want everything melted together.) Fold in cookie crumbs. Spread evenly in pan and refrigerate to harden. 

(Don't let a drop go to waste (waist!) Grab a spatula and be sure to lick up every tasty bite left in the bowl!=)  

Linked to Wednesday Extravaganza
            Thursdays Treasures
            Freakin' Did it Friday
             Foodie Friends Friday
     Mop it up Monday
                  Kitchen Fun & Crafty Friday
             Iron Chef Mom - Peanut Butter
GBP Roundup - Christmas Cookies/Candy  
Weekend Potluck
Meal Plan Monday