Sunday, November 18, 2012

Peanut Butter Eclair Cake

  Who doesn't love peanut butter & chocolate????? 

(No, no...please...don't tell me if you don't, my heart couldn't bear it!;)

This is a yummy 'spin' on a regular 'chocolate eclair cake'. If you've never tried one, oh boy, are you missing out!

Layering pudding & whipped topping between graham crackers, and in this case, you add peanut butter to the pudding mixture, and use chocolate graham crackers. 

Topped with frosting...it's a great make ahead dish because you want the crackers to soften, so you want to make it ahead!

Gotta love that don't you???





PEANUT BUTTER ECLAIR CAKE



1 box chocolate graham crackers (3 packs inside)

2-3 oz. pkgs. (sugar free) instant vanilla pudding

1 c. creamy peanut butter

3-1/2 c. milk

1- 8 ozs.container (lite) frozen whipped topping, thawed

1/2 tub chocolate ready-made frosting

chopped peanut butter cups, optional 

Spray Pam in bottom of 9" x 13" cake pan.  Place one layer of graham crackers on bottom, breaking to completely cover.  In large mixing bowl, combine pudding mixes, peanut butter and milk; beat with electric mixer for 2 minutes.  Fold in whipped topping.  Spread half of the pudding mixture on top of first layer of crackers.  Place second layer of crackers on top of pudding; spoon remaining pudding on 2nd layer of crackers.  Top with 3rd layer of crackers. 

Heat 1/2 the frosting in microwave for a few seconds to soften; pour over graham crackers and spread all the way to the edge.  Cover and refrigerate overnight so crackers will soften. 

Slice and serve.  Garnish with peanut butter cups if desired. 

8 comments :

  1. Holy cow, this is amazing. I want some RIGHT NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had this version. I thought the regular one was good, but this takes it over the top for peanut butter lovers.... mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You for linking up to In The Kitchen Thursdays!

    Warmest Regards,
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, you make the greatest desserts! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is making me so hungry! =)
    ( already saved to my Pinterest Dessert board )

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cake is gorgeous!! I thought I spotted a peanut butter cup in the photo. Over-the-top YUM!

    Neighbors About Town Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the peanut butter in this! Sounds sooo yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marsha, this look so scrumptious! I am pinning it and can't wait to try it out. My entire family loves PB/chocolate combo!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly