Monday, December 17, 2012

Captain Crunch Peanut Clusters



Well...we just can't go through the holiday season and not share some chocolate treats, now can we?! 

After comparing two recipes recommended by 2 dear friends...
(thanks Betty & Janean!), I decided to 'make my own' recipe according to what I had on hand...and needed to use up. 

Use what you have - how can you go wrong covering anything in chocolate??
This is an easy recipe and it made 2 cookie sheetsful. I used my medium Pampered Chef scoop to drop these - worked like a charm.



CAPTAIN CRUNCH PEANUT CLUSTERS 

2# chocolate almond bark
(I used partial white that I had on hand)
6 ozs. milk or semi sweet chocolate chips
3 Tb. peanut butter
5 c. Captain Crunch cereal
1 c. rice krispies 
(or use 6 c. Capt. Crunch)
2 c. peanuts
Melt chocolates along with peanut butter in the microwave. (follow directions for melting almond bark). Stir until melted and smooth.

Combine cereals and peanuts in a bowl. Pour chocolate over top; stir gently until combined; drop onto waxed paper lined cookie sheets. 

That's it!  Wait til they're cool (if you can) and share with friends
(before you eat them all!) That's what I had to do. 
Linked to Totally Tasty Tuesday
Weekend Potluck
Foodie Friends Friday
Ingredient Spotlight - Chocolate
GBP Roundup - Christmas Cookies/Candy  
Meal Plan Monday

2 comments :

  1. I love captain crunch cereal. So I am sure these are awesome. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly