Sunday, December 16, 2012

Salted Caramel Coffee Toffee Cookies

Before I head into a 'normal' week of posts and food, I must take time to recognize the folks of Sandy Hook, CT.  I know all of our hearts are agonizing over this senseless tragedy. Will you join me in praying fervently for the families who have lost their precious babes?

I am thrilled to have an address to send sympathy cards to. I think it helps to be able to do something tangible also. If you'd like to do the same...it's
Sandy Hook Elementary School
12 Dickenson Dr.
PO Box 3700
Sandy Hook, CT 06482

I'm sure the cards will be read by many. I pray that God wraps those families who have lost a loved one, in His strong arms and comforts them like no one else can. 


 Just so you know....
From now until Christmas eve, I will be sharing mostly Christmas goodies. I want to get them out of my drafts so I can concentrate more on healthier eating in the new year.....and I want YOU to enjoy them this favorite time of the year! ;-}


Man!  These are the BEST cookies!

It isn't often I repeat a recipe within several months, but these I make again and again.  They have truly become a favorite!

How awesome is it to have your coffee & cookie wrapped up in one tasty bite??? 

I adapted this just a tad, but found this lovely recipe at A 'lil Country Sugar. Angie named this creation of hers...CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (WITH STABUCKS VIA) She's is one of the few bloggers I've ever met with face to face.  We only live about 25 minutes away from each other and have had lunch a few times, so that's fun. 

She was my 'helper' at one of my local cookbook signings also. I always love her tried & true recipes and always enjoy time with her. 


Angie loves using bread flour in cookies and I do think it makes them softer, longer. 

This is what Angie had to say about using bread flour...

"The bread flour makes for a softer cookie. The cookies remain moist and soft, where the all-purpose flour cookie seems to dry out after the first day." 

I have a friend who is stationed overseas....I sent her a batch of these cookies and she described them as...TO.DIE.FOR!

They have caramel syrup in them and Starbucks VIA caramel coffee. 

The first time I was making them, I was sure I had chocolate chunks, but only had toffee, so that's what I used, and that's what I'm stickin' with.  

They are amazing for sure!

A great addition to your holiday cookie trays.  I just LOVE the sea salt sprinkles on top of the cookie.  Makes a very interesting and attractive treat. 



SALTED CARAMEL COFFEE TOFFEE COOKIES 

1 c. butter (2 sticks)
3/4 c. sugar
1 c. packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1-1/2 TBS vanilla extract
1/4 c. caramel syrup (Hershey's original caramel sauce)
3 3/4 c. bread flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 pkg. Starbucks VIA ready-to-brew caramel flavor coffee
(about 1 tsp)
1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1- 8 ozs. bag Heath Bits 'O Brickle Toffee Bits or 
1 1/2 c. chocolate chunks - Ghirardelli premium baking chips - 60% cacao
Sea Salt

Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs, vanilla, and caramel sauce & beat until well combined.
Place all dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, salt, Starbucks VIA, baking soda) and whisk together. Add slowly to wet ingredients mixing until everything is combined. Mix in toffee (or chocolate chunks).
Using a large cookie scoop (ice cream scoop will work) place on baking sheets. Press cookies down with your fingers after placing on cookie sheet, or using a fork, press cookie down in a crisscross fashion. Lightly sprinkle with salt before baking (yes, salt). Bake 10 - 12 minutes. Don't overbake.

 Leave the cookies sit on the cookie sheets for a couple minutes after taking them out of the oven. Move to cooling racks.

Don't burn your tongue tasting them right from the oven...I might, or might not have done that myself.  ;-}



Linked to Scrumptious Sunday
          Weekend Potluck
Ingredient Spotlight - Coffee
Meal Plan Monday

5 comments :

  1. These sound amazing!

    And you know...it's kinda fun to get our fill of all these goodies in December. It just makes you feel like turning to healthy stuff for the New Year! Right now, I'm enjoying the goodies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the address,all of our hearts go out to the families ♥ These cookies look delicious and I look forward to the week when you share some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh my, these sound out-of-this worldly good! I have the toffee bits already.
    Thanks for the address. I would love to copy the candle to keep the flame going.
    Have a wonderful week, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,Yum! Toffee is Stan's favorite. I may have to give these a try this week.

    Thanks for sharing the address for the school. I wouldn't have thought to send a card to the school but I will do that today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound delicious! I'm featuring you this week from Scrumptious Sunday #42! http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.ca/2012/12/scrumptious-sunday-42-features.html

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly