Monday, December 10, 2012

Homemade {Candy Cane} Hot Cocoa Mix


 I was not disappointed when I found this yummy drink mix at Pennies on a Platter. She also has a  Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Mix  there too.  OH MY! 

I decided I would adapt this recipe a bit and I added some dry powdered creamer.
You could use flavored - peppermint or marshmallow - for a flavor boost,
or none at all.  It's all up to you.

This makes a great gift. You could even put some in a bag and place inside a mug to give as a gift. I love having things like this handy to give as a hostess gift when we go to dinner somewhere. 

I also like the idea of giving the mix along with a box of candy canes to use as 'stirrers'. 

You could even use candy cane kisses instead of the white chocolate chips in this recipe.  I used the swirled white/chocolate chips in mine.  Lots of options here.


HOMEMADE {CANDY CANE} HOT COCOA MIX 

3 c. nonfat dry milk powder
2 c. powdered sugar
1-1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 c. powdered coffee creamer, optional
(sugar free...or flavored)
1-1/2 c. white chocolate chips
(or candy cane kisses)
1/4 tsp. salt

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.  Pour half the mixture into food processor and process until chocolate is finely ground.  Transfer to an airtight container, then repeat with remaining mix. Store in airtight container for up to 3 months. 

To make drink; mix 1/4 - 1/3 c. cocoa mix with 1 c. hot milk.  Enjoy!! 


Linked to Whatcha Whipped up Wednesday
Weekend Potluck
Meal Plan Monday

4 comments :

  1. useful post
    BTW plz viist my space n check out my new FB page.Thanks in advance..
    Maha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make homemade hot cocoa mix for my kids when they were little. I haven't made any in a long while. I need to change that. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly