Tuesday, January 29, 2013

White Trash Dip



First off, I have to say I have NO clue how this dish got its name.

But I DO know it's scrumptious and amazingly delicious. 

I made this for a holiday gathering and saved it to share with you now.

This is yet another one of Tonya's special recipes from 4 little Fergusons. I've learned that I can count on her recipes being YUM-OO!

And it's only 5 easy ingredients!! That simplicity always grabs my attention. 

If you're gearing up for the big game...or even if you're not, you'll love this easy dip. (I'm not at all about football, but I AM all about the food that goes with it!)

It goes together quickly...and is devoured quickly also. 


WHITE TRASH DIP 

1 lb. bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
1 - 15 ozs. can chili with beans
2 - 8 ozs. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
4 whole green onions, chopped
Tortilla chips, for dipping

Preheat oven to 350 while you're preparing the bacon. In large bowl, mix together chili, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon and onion until smooth. Spread into a glass pie plate sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly.

Serve with chips (and make sure you move out of the way quickly or you'll get run over!=) 
Linked to Scrumptious Sunday
         Weekend Potluck

3 comments :

  1. hehehe, I make something I call 'white trash taco salad' and I bet you've made it too and were a lot more classy in naming it. It's that one where you mix lettuce, taco meat, doritos, cheese, olives, and an entire bottle of Catalina/French dressing. So good, yet so trashy! haha! I saw this on Tonya's blog, it does sound good!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly