Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Cookie Bird Nests...and more


(From my archives)...

I had big plans to make some fun things for Easter posts, and life has kept me hopping (sorry - I couldn't resist =) in other directions.

So I will share what I quickly made, and give you a few links for some other great and creative ideas to help celebrate this special holiday.

I looked around for 'Easter nests' recipes and found sooo many options!

You can use rice krispies, coconut, chow mein noodles, shredded wheat, etc.

Chocolate, marshmallow creme, butterscotch, peanut butter bases...etc.

But I used what I had on hand and that was cornflakes with melted butterscotch chips and peanut butter.  Very tasty.

Simple too!

I think the next time I would hand-crush the cornflakes a little bit before stirring them into the candy mixture. 

I put them in muffin cups to form them easier.  The paper is easily removed after they're chilled.


I tried making a well in the center, but they wouldn't cooperate very easily.  Crushing the flakes some might make a difference?

This recipe comes from Cooks.com

They're more of a candy than a cookie...

EASTER COOKIE BIRD NESTS

1 (6 oz.) butterscotch morsels
1/2 c. peanut butter
5 c. corn flakes
Jelly beans


Melt peanut butter and morsels. Stir in corn flakes and blend until coated. Drop on waxed paper and make a center. Chill and fill with jelly beans or whatever candy you want or even peanuts. 


(I have permission to use these photos and links) 

Check out the Easter Bunny Buns from Mommy's Kitchen.  Tina uses her easy cake mix crescent roll recipe to make these adorable bunnies.


Erin at Making Memories with your Kids made these adorable Easter Egg Hunt cookies.  The dough is wrapped around a mini cadbury egg.  I think they couldn't be cuter or more irresistible!


And who could possibly say no to these adorable Cooking Creation's Easter Egg Pops? Celeste also shares some other delicious recipes on this page.

This next idea is my favorite. I enjoyed a great time making these Resurrection Cookies with two of my granddaughters a few years ago. They still talk about it.  The process of making these cookies illustrates the message of Easter.

Her step-by-step pictures for Resurrection Cookies are awesome!




May we not forget the Reason for this Easter celebration...

Revelation 1:18 - I am He who lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen.


3 comments :

  1. I love the sweet little nests and they sound tasty, too! Hope you have a lovely Easter, dear friend! xo

    ReplyDelete

  2. I love your Easter ideas!

    Have a wonderful Easter weekend!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a blessed Easter, Marsha! Love your Easter ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly