Sunday, June 23, 2013

No Bake Peanut Butter & Chocolate Oatmeal Bites

This is another fun recipe that has so many variations and twists and turns.
I've tried many versions of a similar recipe and just love them all! 

Easily make it 'your own' by adding what your family loves or to suit your dietary needs. 

I love that it has no refined sugar added!  These are healthy snacks for everyone...and no one, but you, will ever guess!

Add or eliminate what you want...just add more liquid, or dry ingredients, to make them the right texture for rolling into balls.  Add other flavors of chips. 

The base recipe I used for this came from A Kitchen Addiction, but I did adapt it with what I had on hand.  I do LOVE recipes like this...kinda like a 'Clean out the Pantry' recipe!

I did use my food processor. If you prefer a 'rougher' texture, feel free to mix by hand. 


NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER & CHOCOLATE OATMEAL BITES 

1-1/2 c. old fashioned oats 
1/2 c. powdered milk (or rice cereal)
1/4 c. ground flaxseed (or oat bran)
1/2 c. finely chopped peanuts (or your choice of nut)
1/2 c. dark chocolate chips
1/2 c. peanut butter (or favorite nut butter)
1/2 c. honey (or agave nectar)

In a large bowl (I sometimes use my food processor) stir together dry ingredients.  Add peanut butter and honey. Stir until well blended. If dough is too 'wet', add more dry ingredients, if too 'dry' add more honey. 

Roll into balls; refrigerate until ready to eat. 

Makes about 2 dozen balls, depending on size 

Linked to Weekend Potluck



4 comments :

  1. so yummy and healthy! I remember making something similar in grade school but it had sweetened condensed milk in it instead of honey, and chocolate chips so not quite as healthy. No wonder I liked them-lol! These are great little "energy bites" that would make a great snack for this pregnant mama when she needs a boost or gets low. I plan to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I now see these have chocolate chips too. What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound delicious!
    One of my favorite combo's ( Peanut Butter and Chocolate! )

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly