Sure hope you're taking time to enjoy the sunshine. I love the cooler evenings for taking walks. We waited a long while for these lovely days, right?
Here's more tips to make life easier for you. Enjoy!!
- Use rubber bands to help open a jar easily: place one around the jar lid and another around the middle of the glass. The rubber provides friction to prevent your hands from slipping.
- Store bed sheets inside their pillowcases for easy storage and access.
- Slot the stick of a popsicle through a cupcake paper to prevent drips on little fingers.
- A ball of aluminum foil makes a great glassware scrubber!
- Place a few drops of essential oil on the inside of the cardboard tube of a toilet paper roll to make your bathroom smell wonderful.
- If you don't have a double boiler when candy making, place a towel inside an electric skillet, warm to about 200 degrees, and place your melted chocolate in a glass bowl on the towel to keep it warm.
- To test baking powder for freshness,add 1/2 tsp. to 1/4 c. hot water; if it fizzes, it's good.
- To make your own baking powder, combine 1 tsp. baking soda with 2 tsp. cream of tartar to equal 1 Tb.baking powder.