Sunday, July 27, 2014

Easy Cooked Chocolate Pudding {Made with Bisquick}

I came across this recipe in a drawer recently and was so excited!
I use to make this treat often (it was simple & frugal too) when my kids were growing up. I used a lot of powdered milk then and this was a great way to 'hide' the fact it wasn't 'real' milk. 

Warm chocolate pudding is true comfort food for me.
And I love that it can be ready in minutes. 

As much as I like instant pudding...I 'puffy heart' cooked pudding!

We think this is a very chocolate-y and creamy way to pamper ourselves.

(It's good chilled too, but it's hard for me to wait...I prefer it warm!)
I cook this in the microwave to hurry along the process. =) 

Recipe can easily be doubled. 

There have been times I've added a dollop of peanut butter before eating too.

You're Welcome!  *-*


EASY COOKED CHOCOLATE PUDDING
{Made with Bisquick}

1/2 c. Bisquick
3/4 c. sugar
(I normally use mostly xylitol, and some sugar)
1/3 c. baking cocoa
1 c. cold water
2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla 

In medium saucepan, combine Bisquick, sugar, and cocoa. Gradually stir in water and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, boil 1 minute. Add vanilla; stir; allow to cool.  Yield: about 4 servings

If you want to cook in the microwave, begin by cooking on high in 2 minute increments; stirring after each. After about 6 minutes, cook 1 minute at a time, stirring between each until it comes to a full boil. 

Linked to Weekend Potluck







Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly