Sunday, October 12, 2014

No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie (Seriously Simple!)

You are NOT gonna believe how easy this recipe is! These kinds of recipes intrigue me sooo much that I can't resist making them.

Only 4 ingredients and.....

Your 4-year old could most likely put this dessert together!

Dunk store purchased cookies in milk...layer them in a graham cracker pie crust...along with layers of cool whip...
wait 8 hours (yep, that's definitely the HARDEST part) and you'll be amazed by the irresistible result! 

I thought I took a lot of photos of this pie??...this one's a bit blurry.  I took some of single pieces, but in my rush, I didn't realize they didn't show the layers like I wanted you to see....I'm still a rookie photographer in a lot of ways...thanks for putting up with me and my shadows, and blurs. *-* 

Thanks so much to Tracey at The Kitchen is my Playground for sharing this one with us at Weekend Potluck.  We seem to feature a number of her awesome recipes.  I love that she's a die-hard cookbook lover like me. She got this one from a local cookbook from her hometown.


NO BAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE PIE

1 (13 ozs) pkg. chocolate chip cookies (original, not soft & chewy)
(I used Keebler Chips Deluxe with peanut butter cups in them - 
Chips Ahoy work great too)
1 (9 ozs) prepared graham cracker pie crust 
1 c. milk
1 (8 ozs) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

Set aside 2 cookies to crumble over top of pie. 

Place milk in a cup. Dunk cookies (6 - 8 depending on size of pie crust), one at a time, in the milk and place in a single layer in bottom of graham cracker crust. (I dunked each for about 2 seconds...you don't want them to become soggy). Spread 1/3 of the whipped topping over first layer of cookies.

Dunk the rest of the cookies (8 - 10) for second layer (as you can see by the photo collage, I broke a cookie to 'fill in'); top with whipped topping. Crumble reserved cookies and sprinkle over pie. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours before serving.  It works best if you can let it set overnight in the fridge.

AH.MA.ZING dessert!!

Linked to Weekend Potluck
You might also enjoy these other no bake desserts...









Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly