Sunday, April 19, 2015

Easy Snickerdoodles (from a cake mix)

While we were on vacation in Florida, I saw this simple recipe from Cindy at Skip to my Lou. Since I already had a yellow cake mix on hand...I couldn't resist making these.  I have a real love for making something other than cake from a cake mix. Cindy found this one on the side of a Duncan Hines cake mix.

(Believe me when I say...I took a real break in the kitchen during the 2 months we enjoyed FL. I baked about 4 times (have you ever tried baking in an 18-qt. electric roaster?  I'm amazed at how nicely that works!) and made a meal about 3 times. NICE!)

These had a bit different texture than traditional snickerdoodles, but they were gobbled up quickly.  I don't think it mattered to my taste testers. 

(Update: You can add 1/2 tp. cream of tartar to give these tasty 
cookies a little 'tang' that is common in Snickerdoodles!) 

When you need something quick, I'd suggest you try these tasty cookies. Other delicious cake mix creations I love are Gooey Bars3 (or 4) ingredient (Jello) Cake mix cookies  and Luscious Lemon Sheet Cake..more links below



EASY SNICKERDOODLES 

1 (18 ozs) yellow cake mix
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar, optional
1/3 c. oil
2 eggs

5 Tb. granulated sugar
1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray cookie sheet.

In large bowl, combine yellow cake mix (and cream of tartar if using) with oil and eggs. (I stirred by hand...no mixer needed). Roll into 1" balls.  In small bowl, mix together  sugar and cinnamon. Roll balls into cinnamon and sugar mixture until evenly coated. Place balls on cookie sheet; slightly flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake for about 8 minutes. Let stand about a minute; remove to cooling rack. Enjoy!

Linked to Weekend Potluck


You might enjoy these other desserts using a cake mix...





















Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly