Sunday, September 25, 2016

Easy Baked Chicken Strips (with Healthy Honey Mustard Sauce)

I'm always in love with the recipes that I find at The Southern Lady Cooks .  I do believe Judy and I share taste buds!  I changed this recipe up just a tad by cutting the breasts in half, so they'd cook quicker, and substituting pork rinds for the flour, just to cut the carbs a bit.  Use either or...

Since my hubby doesn't care for chicken any more, I like having some 'just for me' and this recipe was great.

I have this recipe for Healthy Honey Mustard Sauce in my second cookbook, but don't think I've ever shared it here, so decided to make it to go alongside this tasty chicken.

This simple 3-basic ingredient sauce is so tasty...great on fish or in omelets too.

 It was a wondermous meal!!!
Do hope you'll try it soon. You'll be so glad you did! 





EASY BAKED CHICKEN STRIPS (& Healthy Honey Mustard Sauce)

3 - 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half 
1/3 c. flour
(I used crushed flavored pork rinds  - salt & vinegar, and omitted salt)
1/3 c. cornmeal
1/2 tsp. salt (omit if using pork rinds)
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 c. milk
4 Tb. butter, melted

Preheat oven to 375. Line baking dish with non-stick foil, or use regular foil and spray with non-sticking cooking spray; set aside.

In low bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper, chili powder and basil. Place milk in another low bowl.  Dip chicken pieces in milk, then in cornmeal mixture. Place in a baking dish; drizzle butter over top of chicken.

Bake for about 40 minutes, turning about 15 minutes before they have finished baking.

HEALTHY HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE

1/2 c. nonfat plain Greek yogurt (or lite sour cream)

1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. yellow or spicy brown mustard
a sprinkle or two garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste

In small bowl, combine all ingredients.  Refrigerate until ready to serve. 


Linked to Weekend Potluck 
            Meal Plan Monday 
 

You may also enjoy...













Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly