Sunday, October 23, 2016

Pineapple Ham Crescents

I can't believe I haven't ever posted this recipe at my blog!  UGH!

This is from my mama's recipe box and one that I added to my last cookbook. 
(I have started working on #3 cookbook...it will be a smaller, soft cover, out late summer next year). 

I saw the photo in my files and was so surprised when I couldn't find it in my blog listings. ????



So here you go - these tasty snacks would be perfect for feeding the gang as they watch football, or just for a weekend any time snack or lunch.

Using crescent rolls make these a breeze to make, not to mention it only takes FIVE ingredients...and the flavors of ham and pineapple (with some dijon mustard sauce) will send you to the moon. Or add the mustard right to the roll if you prefer.

MMMMM Good! Quick & easy too!


PINEAPPLE HAM CRESCENTS

1 can (15 ozs) pineapple spears, in its own juice
(If you can't find spears, use one chunk of pineapple or 2 or 3 tidbits) 
1 (8 ozs) can refrigerated crescent rolls (8 count)
8 thin slices deli ham, 2" wide
8 slices Swiss cheese, 2" wide
1 Tb. dijon mustard 

Preheat oven to 375. Drain pineapple well, reserving juice.  Reserve 2 spears for sauce; chop and set aside.  Unroll crescent rolls. Wrap a slice of ham and a slice of cheese around each pineapple spear, placing on widest part of the crescent roll; roll up.  Place on baking sheet.  Bake 12 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.  

In saucepan, boil reserved juice with mustard until thickened, about 10 minutes; stirring frequently.  Stir in chopped pineapple.  Serve sauce with crescents.  

Yield: 8 'sandwiches' 

Linked to 
            Weekend Potluck
            Meal Plan Monday


You may also like...













Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly