Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Crazy-Good Cranberry Crunch


Ohhhh...I do hope you won't go through the holiday season without trying this 
simple...and simply delicious dish! 

It's one of those recipes I've thought MUCH about...and just decided I needed to make it for ME to enjoy! 

It will be enjoyed again and again because it's quick, delicious, frugal and satisfies my cravings for cranberry. 


So I did...and am SO glad I did. I added some fresh grated nutmeg to the topping...and sprinkled chopped pecans over the top.

I did reduce the amount of brown sugar and butter just a tad and it was still wonderful, but no doubt adding the full amount makes it awesome! 

It doesn't make a lot...has only 5 basic ingredients...and it was holiday time and time to SPLURGE! I was hungry for CRANBERRY something and this truly hit the spot! 

I sure enjoyed the crunch of the toasted nuts on top. 

That's optional, but really, why would you want to leave them off?  (Unless of course someone has a nut allergy). They add a wonderfully, toasty crunch that really made the dish for me.

I have always loved C-R-U-N-C-H! 

This is another wonderful recipe from Christy at Southern Plate...and you can 
NEVER go wrong with her sweet and easy recipes....you won't ever be disappointed. Please stop by and pay her a visit.  I can guarantee you'll see something there you can't wait to make. 



CRAZY-GOOD CRANBERRY CRUNCH 


1 c. oatmeal (old-fashioned or quick) 
1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 c. brown sugar (light or dark)
(I used 3/4 c.) 
1/2 c. butter (1 stick), softened but not melted
(I used 6 Tb.) 
1 (16 ozs) can whole berry cranberry sauce
(I'm sure jellied works just fine too) 
about 1/4 tsp. fresh grated nutmeg, optional
chopped nuts (I loved pecans), optional

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9" pie plate or 8" square pan; set aside.

In medium bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar; cut in the butter with a fork or pastry blender. Press half the oat mixture into the bottom of the prepared dish. Spread the cranberry sauce over the top (I stirred a bit of it in the top of the can to get started, and once I removed some of it, stirred some more, so it would spread easier.) Top with remaining crumbs, then sprinkle nuts (& nutmeg if using) over the top. 

Bake about 45 minutes or until golden brown.

Serve warm with ice cream or Cool Whip. 

Linked to Weekend Potluck
              Meal Plan Monday


You might also enjoy...







Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly