Thursday, December 1, 2011

Rich Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips


After seeing this...my December calendar page...I knew I would have to begin the month with a chocolate chip cookie recipe. 

SO Come along...my Chocolate Chip Friends....
Thanks once again for taking time to visit my blog.

Honestly, I have so many cookie recipes in my drafts, and am hoping to share them this busy month of baking.

So this is just a 'taste' of more to come....

I am a Cookie Monster and love trying new recipes. I hope you'll join me in doing that this month also.


MMMMMMM! 

Give me a glass of milk and sit me down - QUICK!

These cookies are calling my name...LOUDLY!

I love cookies, especially with the combination of peanut butter and chocolate.

This recipe would be another good one to consider making for a cookie exchange or for gift giving.

I love that you dip the tops of these cookies in sugar - it adds a little sparkle to the holiday.  You could even try red or green sugar?

This recipe makes a small batch (about 2 dozen) so if you just want a few cookies to satisfy that sweet tooth, these would be a great choice.


RICH PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS

1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
1 egg
1-1/4 c. all purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. chocolate (or peanut butter) chips
granulated sugar

Heat oven to 375. Place brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and egg in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy, or mix with spoon.  Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  Stir in chocolate chips.

Shape dough into 1-1/2-inch balls . Dip tops of balls in granulated sugar.  Place balls, sugared sides up, about 3" apart on UNgreased cookie sheet (do not flatten).

Bake 9 - 10 minutes or until light brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

Yield: about 2 dozen cookies

Linked to Bake with Bizzy

3 comments :

  1. Chocolate and Peanut Butter, one of the great matches of all time. Can this combination every go wrong? These look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look like pillows of awesomeness! I'm seriously drooling. As soon as I saw this recipe my stomach rumbled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right!! Nothing better than chocolate and peanut butter. What a great fluffy looking treat.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly