Monday, July 8, 2019

No Bake Chocolate Cookies

I have been wanting to add this classic recipe to my blog for a long time!!! 


This recipe comes from my sis-in-love, Susie, who is the 
"No Bake Cookie Queen" in our family!

And in hers!  A recent weekend her family spent at the lake 
(she has 2 married children and 4 grands),
she made FOUR batches of these cookies for her family, PLUS other things as well! 

I know she's had the recipe memorized for a long time!  She's 'perfected' it to their liking...and to ours! *-*

(Yes, I married into a family of excellent cooks...and BAKERS!) 

She prefers margarine to butter and uses less baking cocoa than most recipes. 

This is a terrific cookie to make in the summer since you don't have to turn the oven on...and everyone dives into them, so they don't last long at all. 


NO BAKE CHOCOLATE COOKIES 

2 c. sugar
(I use less) 
2 Tb. baking cocoa
7 Tb. margarine
1/2 c. milk
3/4 c. peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 c. quick oatmeal 

In a medium saucepan, stir together sugar, baking cocoa, margarine and milk. 
Over medium heat, bring to a full boil; boil for 1-1/2 minutes, stirring 
constantly. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter until blended.  Add vanilla and oatmeal and stir well.  Drop by tablespoonsful onto waxed paper and let cool.  

(Yes, if you're in a hurry to eat them, you can refrigerate for a little bit) 

Yield: approximately 18 medium sized cookies 




You may also like...

(microwave!)










Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments :

  1. I made these cookies for my kids when they were young. They are so tasty! I wonder why your sis in love prefers margarine over butter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't recall what she told me, but she makes these over and over again, and I'm sure she feels they turn out better that way. Thanks for stopping by. Always a special treat when I was a kid too...soo special! <3

      Delete

Printfriendly