Friday, January 10, 2020

Chicken Noodle Soup Mix (In a Jar or Bag)

Happy New Year!!!

Better late than never, right?  

I had so much going on over the holidays, I didn't get this recipe shared, with you, anyway, but since gifting it to our adult Sunday School class, and I'm hearing raves about this recipe, I just need to share it on my blog and not try to wait until next holiday season! 

After seeing this recipe in November, I decided this would be good to give instead of something sweet that I normally give. 

I opted to put the mix in ziploc bags, then punched a hole and added
some ribbon. 


You could use a jar with a piece of material (or even an upside
down cupcake liner?) to place on top, then screw on the lid.
Tie on a ribbon and add directions however you choose. 

I typed up the directions on sticky labels and simply stuck them on the bags. 

Either way, you can be sure the recipients will be glad they got
the mix, no matter the package it is delivered in. 

I changed it up a bit...you can check out the original recipe
at Food.com 

It's a fine recipe to make for yourself and store in the pantry for a busy day! 

Sip! Slurp! Yummm!




CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP MIX 

1 c. uncooked fine egg noodles
1-1/2 Tb. chicken bouillon granules
(I used 1 Tb. granules, then added 1 Tb. chicken gravy mix
from an envelope) 
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. dried crushed thyme
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 bay leaf

To serve:

2 carrots, diced
2 celery ribs, diced
1/4 c. minced onion
2 - 3 c. cooked chicken 

You can add the dry ingredients (minus noodles) to a cup and then add to your container. Then top with the noodles and close the bag, decorating any way you wish. 

Gift tag: Combine mix and 8 cups of water in a large saucepan.  Add carrots, celery and onion.  Bring to a boil. Cover the soup and reduce heat to a simmer, simmering for 15 minutes. Discard the bay leaf.  Stir in diced chicken and simmer another 5 minutes.  Season if desired. Serve with crackers.


Linked to...

Meal Plan Monday



Other Gift Giving ideas you may like...

Everyone Needs a little Dough





Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments :

  1. What a clever idea. Enjoy your recipes in The Bryan Times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice of you to stop by! They are making cutbacks at the Times and have let me go. :-( But so great to know you enjoyed them. Please stop by again.

      Delete
  2. What a perfect gift idea, Marsha! I love giving food as gifts and I think this one would be greatly appreciated.
    I hope all is well, and Happy 2020 to you and your sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by! Thanks for being such a special cheerleader in my life! I got the 3rd call today to rave about this simple recipe. =)

      Delete

Printfriendly