Saturday, September 24, 2022

Inside Out Scotcheroos (oh so tasty!)



This is a very special presentation and a 'twist' on a classic recipe!

Thanks much to my dear blogging friend Kitty for sharing
this easy no-bake recipe on her lovely blog, Kitty's Kozy Kitchen.    

She called these CRUNCHY FUDGE SANDWICHES...which is
certainly appropriate, but when I decided it was pretty much 
the same ingredients as the original Scotcheroos recipe from the '70's (this has added powdered sugar), but
was layered differently, I decided to rename them. 

I first made them for a group of gals I had in my home and they certainly loved them.  A week later, I made a batch for my farmer's market baked goods stand and they were gone out the door before my sale ever started! Once folks knew they were available, they requested them NOW, knowing they would sell quickly! 

I do hope you'll try them soon.  They need to chill a bit,
but I can promise it will be worth the wait.  

For an even prettier presentation, place each piece in a paper muffin liner....

I made in the microwave and it worked fine, as long as you heat on a lower power level. 

Enjoy every crunchy flavorful bite!


(hover over photo to pin) 

INSIDE OUT SCOTCHEROOS 

1 c. butterscotch chips
1/2 c. peanut butter
4 c. Rice Krispies cereal
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 Tb. butter
1 Tb. water 

Butter an 8" square pan; set aside. 

Melt the butterscotch chips with the peanut butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring until blended. (Or melt in the microwave on low power in a microwave safe bowl.)

Stir in the Rice Krispies, stirring until well coated.  Press half of the mixture into prepared pan. (You can wet your hands or spray the back of a big serving spatula and press the top to even it out.) Chill at least 10 minutes. Set remainder aside.

Stir over very hot water: chocolate chips, powdered sugar, butter and water until chocolate melts. (This can also be done in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl, being careful to use a lower power). Spread over chilled mixture. Top with reserved mixture, pressing the mixture down to bring it together. Chill. Cut into squares.

Yield: 25 - 1-1/2" squares 


You may also enjoy this microwave cereal treat...






Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment :

  1. I’m so glad you loved these, Marsha. This is an old recipe that was my sister’s favorite. I’m pretty sure I started making them when we lived in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly