Thursday, December 1, 2022

Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a Jar (with free printable!)

I have always loved giving mixes as gifts! The recipients can enjoy them 
at their own leisure.  


I think it's especially nice during the holidays when there's so many other sweets, or you're so busy doing other things.  How great is it to dump and mix some cookies for drop in company, or to take to your neighbors at the last minute? 

When trying to use up the 'last' of ingredients I had on hand before heading South for the winter, I quickly made up a couple of jars 
of these to give as gifts, telling the recipients I wanted them to have cookies even after I wasn't around to make them for them!  

I was tickled to find The Happier Homemaker simply by googling.
What GORGEOUS printables with instructions to give along 
with the mix! (Go to the link to print them there). 

Grab your jars and the kids can help you measure and fill. 
(This is a fun project for a group of family members to make
several ahead for gift giving later). 

You may add nuts to top off the jar, but know the mix will not keep as 
long (only up to 3 months) if nuts are added. 

(When I made these years ago, I loved the effect of 
sticking a (clean) pencil down the side for a 'sand' look.  
These didn't turn out as pretty as what I've done in the past
because I saw my letter opener, it was easy enough to clean,
but a pencil makes for a prettier look.)  

That part isn't necessary at all...just experiment and see what you like best. 


COOKIE MIX 
1-3/4 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated white sugar
1-1/2 c. (9 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 clean quart mason jar 

Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl. Place mixture in 1-quart jar, using the back of a big spoon to pack the flour mixture down around the outside of the jar. Add the brown sugar next using the same method to pack it down.  Pour white sugar over the brown sugar, then add the chocolate
chips. 

Cut a square or round piece of material (You can also use an upside down paper cupcake liner), covering the flat lid, then adding
the screw on lid, then adding ribbon or twine to attach the recipe instructions. 


Enjoy!  And Happy Gift Giving! 


                                 
                                                                                                       5-Ingredient No Bake Avalance Cookie Treats
(great for making a lot at once!!!) 


Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment :

  1. I think people always appreciate food as a gift! Your jars look so pretty, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly