Thursday, July 14, 2011

Simple Potato Pancakes


I was so tickled to see this recipe for tater pancakes at Joelle's blog. I made them and they tasted just like the ones my mama use to make when I was growing up.

Joelle cooks much like I do...simple and frugal dishes.  Please be sure to check out her blog.


This is a simple recipe and you can make as few or many as you'd like.  The recipe below just gives you guidelines.

I had some leftover mashed potatoes and was so comforted to enjoy this delicious dish.

I'm sure I could have eaten them all by myself.....but I didn't...(but almost!)

I didn't change a thing in Joelle's recipe so I share it with you right here...



Potato Pancakes



2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup finely minced onion, (white, red or green)
1/4 tsp each garlic & onion powder
3 T. flour (need a couple of additional tablespoons as well)
seasoned salt & pepper to taste
oil & butter for frying


In bowl mix cold mashed potatoes, egg, onion, garlic & onion powder, 3 T. of flour and seasonings, Mix well.
 
On plate sprinkle the additional 2 T. flour. In large frying pan melt a couple of tablespoons of butter and a couple tablespoonfuls of oil. Heat till hot.
 
Make patties one at a time using about 1/4 cup of potato mixture. Dredge patties in flour and place into hot oil mixture. Fry for about 3 minutes per side until each side is crispy and golden brown. Turn patties over and fry until that side is crispy and golden.
 
When patties come out of the pan sprinkle with a little more seasoned salt & pepper. Add additional butter & oil to pan and repeat process until all are done. I usually turn the oven onto about 300 degrees and place the finished ones on a baking pan to keep warm while I am frying the next batch.
 
Serve with either ketchup, applesauce, sour cream or toppings of your choice.
(I love ranch dressing on most everything!)
 
Yield: about 6 - 7
 
Enjoy!!

Linked to Made It On Monday
Melt in Your Mouth Monday

5 comments :

  1. Those sound so good and I just happen to have all those ingredients on hand too. Can't wait to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah thank you so much... Love that you liked them and thanks so much for mentioning my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum, I could so see myself adding in some chives & cheese. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would have eaten them all myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubby loves potato pancakes made with leftover mashed potatoes! So yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly