Friday, December 16, 2011

Hot Cinnamon Milk Mix & Gift Giving Ideas and Tags

If you're looking for something quick to give as a gift this Christmas season, read on....

I LOOOOVE giving homemade mixes for Christmas.  I love receiving gifts that express that the giver put some thought and time into personalizing them.

And lest we forget...IT'S FRUGAL!!

It seems we are already eating soooo much from Thanksgiving through the New Year, so I really like giving something the recipient can enjoy in their own timing.

I was tickled to come across this mix via a blog hop...I found it at Craftaholics Anonymous.  You really should go to her site and check out the adorable cloth bow she made to tie around the jars of this fabulous mix too.

It is amazing and intriguing to me to think of how this mix sorta tastes like eggnog...minus the egg. It doesn't even have any rum extract or nutmeg in it??  HHMMMMM....

I was thrilled to be able to make this mix sugar free.  I will be giving it to the older folks in our Sunday School class at church.  (My hubs is the teacher).


I have enjoyed this many evenings, as it has NO caffeine, and I think the warm milk even helps me sleep sounder. 

I went to my Word program and typed up some labels to 'dress up' the gift a little more....


(Since printing this label, I've decided I like this better with only 1/4 c. mix)

I love love love this site - Organized Christmas. There are soo many options for great gift-giving ideas and recipes too. 

I've made up about 20 simple Snowman Soup packets. 
Below is a printable bag topper with a cute little poem about being good this year. There is a choice of 3 different graphics.

You'll be very pleased if you take time to look at the Printable Gifts & Crafts you'll find at this site.  They have things like You've been Elfed, Christmas Blessing Mix, and Snowman and Reindeer Poop gag gifts...and much more!

OH - did I forget to mention??......IT'S ALL FREE!!!! (Another mix I'm gift-giving is Pumpkin Spice Mochaccino...De-LISH!
click here for that recipe)


Give the cinnamon milk a try...only 4 ingredients and you are ready to enjoy.

HOT CINNAMON MILK MIX

2 c. powdered milk
1 c. powdered french vanilla creamer
(I found sugar free)
1 c. sugar (Use Splenda or xylitol)
1/2 TB. ground cinnamon

In large bowl, combine all ingredients; fill 1 qt. jar or 2 pint jars if desired. 
(I like to run everything through the blender so it dissolves easier) 
Tie with a bow and give as a hostess, or any time, gift.  
(Be sure to keep some for yourself!!! 

To enjoy the mix, warm 1/2 c. water with 1/2 c. milk.
Place 1/4 c. mix in a mug, add the liquid and stir well.
(May dissolve mix in all water, but the milk adds creaminess that is wonderful)

ENJOY!!!!!!

Linked to

12 comments :

  1. I love mixes like these! What a great lookin' Christmas label!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Who wouldn't love receiving any of those!?

    I followed Organized Christmas a few years ago...it's a really nice site. And I think they have an Organized Home that you can follow the whole year...although I didn't do their whole schedule, it did inspire me in several ways. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cute printable labels and the drink mix...delish!!!! Sounds so warm and cozy for a chilly winter night. Great recipe!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love this idea! So great! Thanks for this wonderful gift idea. I do love hot chocolate =o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet this would be a great good-night drink. Sounds so soothing and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I had managed to miss this one, and it sounds great. Your label is so cute. Sometime I want a hot drink other than cocoa, tea, or spiced cider. I'll bet this would be just perfect. I will have to pick up some French Vanilla Creamer tomorrow. Wonder what this would be like with some of the other flavors. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful gift idea! I've been trying to make things this year too, especially for my girls to take to their friends and teachers at school and daycare. Some of the teachers are getting crochet cotton face scrubbies. Quick, easy and cost next to nothing =) Thanks for visitng my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So simple and so delicious. Great recipe and great idea for a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was just scrumptios Mom! I drank what you sent me one cup after another!!! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am here from Family Fresh Meals. I will have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am making gifts for my friends this Christmas, I love this inspiring idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly