Monday, December 19, 2011

Ultimate Creamed Corn {Slow Cooker}

This is one honkin' awesome dish!  We enjoyed it for T'giving and I got lots of raves over it. 

My hubby - who loves everything and anything - even said this was his favorite dish of the day.  WOW!

I am an admitted addict to cream cheese and I can't imagine any way at all, that this dish could be improved on.

It was great to put it on a few hours before we ate, and then just stir a few times before enjoying.

It even keeps warm for an hour on low after it's ready to eat...if you have any left over, that is.

I remember the very first time I tried this recipe.  My reaction was...

OH.MY.WORD!!!

It's easy and makes a fine side dish for any meal.

You just can't go wrong using your slow cooker either, especially when you're fixing a big meal. 

Hope you'll give this one a try over the holidays.  You won't be sorry!!!

If you prefer, you can reduce the amount of cream cheese to 8 ozs.
It would still be delicious I'm sure.

Just look at that would you....CAAAAA-REEEEAAAM-M-M-M-M-Y!


ULTIMATE CREAMED CORN

2 (16 ozs) bags frozen whole kernel corn
12 ozs. cream cheese, cut into cubes
(I always use 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese)
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. butter or margarine, melted
(I used 6 Tb.)
2 tsp. sugar
(I used Splenda)
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Spray bottom and sides of 3 - 4 qt. slow cooker with cooking spray.  Spread corn over bottom. Top with cream cheese cubes.  In small bowl, stir together remaining ingredients; pour over corn and cream cheese.  Cover; cook on high for 2 - 3 hours. Stir well before serving.  (I can't resist - I HAVE to stir it after about 1-1/2 hours!) Corn will hold on low heat up to 1 hour; stir occasionally.

(Hint: place cream cheese cubes in the middle of the corn so that it doesn't burn on the sides while cooking).

Post a Comment