Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fudgy Mint Cookies

Hurry! Hurry!  I think it's a great idea to get busy bakin' and putting things in the freezer now for when the temps are too hot to turn on the oven later. 

Wrap a frozen cookie or two in a paper towel and zap in the microwave for a few seconds for a warm snack.  

MMMM - my favorite! Fresh tastin' cookies from the oven!

This is a great cookie anytime, but especially nice to make for a bake sale. 

The candy on top is inviting and these seem to sell quickly.

Because this recipe uses a cake mix, it's quick to make..and bake.

My daughter-in-love, Kym, began making these cookies years ago for our annual cookie-baking night in December, and we've made them every year since.

And sometimes in between too.

It's fun for the kids to place the candies on top of the cookies.

This was a recipe I just HAD to have in my cookbook too.


FUDGY MINT COOKIES

1 (18 ozs) box devil's food cake mix
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 Tb. water
2 eggs
1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 (5 ozs) pkgs. chocolate covered thin mints
(we get them for $1 at the Dollar Store)

Preheat oven to 375. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, butter and water.  Add eggs; mix well. Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar and place 2" apart on UNgreased baking sheets.  Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until set.  Before removing from pan, immediately press a mint into the center of each cookie. 

Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. 

Yield: about 3 dozen

(We like to make them smaller so the candy covers most of the cookie so we normally use 3 boxes of the mint candies)

Linked to Creative Thursday
      Weekend Potluck
        Mop it up Monday


9 comments :

  1. YUMMMM-O!! Those cookies make me feel like I'm looking into dreamy chocolate eyes. And chocolate and mint is one of my favorite combinations. Definitely going to pin this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look sinfully rich :)
    Just the way we love our treats - yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chocolate and mint so I am saving this recipe!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a recipe called Chocolate Crackles from a Farm Journal Christmas cookbook that uses devil's food cake mix. I have never done the mint on top! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cookie looks just delicious. I know my family would gobble them up. Come see us. We have so many wonderful things this week to share with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have just stole my heart and stomache. LOVE! Thanks for linking up on Fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Stars Sweetie! I love these little darlins! I bet they would be good cold too! I love to put my chocolate covered mints in the fridge! Thank you for sharing on Thursday's Treasures Week 36. Hope you will join again next week. Pinning! <3 and hugs! http://www.recipesformyboys.com/2012/05/thursdays-treasures-week-36.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy-licious! Thank you for linking up to Fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! Love chocolate mint! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can’t wait to see what you link up next week. Have a great weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly