Sunday, March 3, 2013

Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies (NO Refined Sugar/Flour}



These are a great treat that you don't have to feel guilty about eating!

I made them some time ago and forgot about them.  I get sooo many photos taken and recipes get lost in the pile of 'to post'...it's a good thing I guess cause I don't fall behind, but I don't always get caught up either.

UGH!

I love making treats using natural sweeteners, like dates, in this recipe. The recipe also has honey, coconut oil, almond or peanut butter...and the list of wholesome goodness goes on. 

I love trying new recipes like this one, so I was very happy to find it at 
Tessa The Domestic Diva. As her blog proudly proclaims, she shares "Wholesome Allergy-Friendly Living ideas and recipes".  Please stop by and check her out. 

I have a couple of other recipes 'in the waiting room' (or, truth be told...the pile=) to be shared.  I keep RAW no bake protein balls handy in the fridge and enjoy a couple with my morning coffee.  MMM sooo good!  And...good for you.
That recipe is coming one of these days. 

You can have your sweets, without the sugar & flour!
These are large cookies too!

Do hope you'll try these yummy lovelies. I plan to make them again this week. 

I used my own Homemade Sugar Free Chocolate Chips in this recipe. 
What a kick!!!!  That recipe only uses 3 main ingredients...coconut oil is one of them.  Coconut oil has many health benefits! 

If you want to read more...here's links to read about the Many uses of Coconut Oil
and Health Benefits of Coconut Oil





HEALTHY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
(NO REFINED SUGAR OR WHITE FLOUR) 

1/2 c. packed pitted dates, chopped (about 6 - 8)
1/4 c. hot water
1/4 c. coconut oil
1/4 c. honey 
(or other liquid sweetener...like agave nectar?) 
1/4 c. ground flax or chia seeds
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. almond butter (Oh how I love thee!)
(or peanut butter)
1 c. quick-cooking oatmeal (or quinoa flakes...I've not seen those?)
1/2 c. almond meal flour 
(can make your own by whirring whole almonds in coffee grinder or 
food processor) 
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 c. sugar free chocolate chips 

Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.

Soak dates in boiling water a few minutes to soften. Puree in food processor.  Add coconut oil, honey, flax seed and vanilla; pulse until well blended.  Add almond butter and blend.  Sprinkle the soda and salt evenly over mixture, followed by oatmeal and almond meal flour; pulse until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.  

Drop large spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake  12 - 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand about 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack. 
(otherwise they will fall apart) 

Yield: about 12 - 15 large cookies. 

Don't eat them all at once! ;-}

Linked to Weekend Potluck


4 comments :

  1. Healthy enough for breakfast! Yum :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound very good!
    I love healthy cookies! Pinning to save. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're back!!! I hope you had a wonderful time, dear Marsha. The cookies sound super fabulous and so healthy, too. I love dates and have a some right in my pantry. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is one healthy looking cookie. I didn't know there was such a thing. I'm looking forward to trying these.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly