Sunday, March 1, 2015

Simple Snow Ice Cream

Yep...this recipe is for my friends and family up north and all over the country who have gotten an overload of snow this winter.  Our hearts have been very saddened for all our family and friends are enduring back home. Spring can't come soon enough!!!!

No...I didn't find snow in Florida, though it's been cooler than normal, I wouldn't trade it for the wicked weather we've had back home in Ohio....and throughout the country.  We are grateful to have a 2 month's break from that nastiness. 

I just happened to see this photo in my laptop that I never used to post last winter!!

Make use of some of that snow...and make something enjoyable to eat. I'm sure you're familiar with that old saying about 'when life hands you lemons...make lemonade'...same principle here, but instead we're using snow to make ice cream. 

You can flavor this up with maraschino cherry juice, or maybe you have some kind of fruity syrup to add flavor. 

I make my own Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk so you can lower the sugar in a big way if you need to. Because the s.c.m. is thick, it helps bind the snow together.

This is as easy as easy gets! 
You can add chocolate or caramel ice cream topping, or just top it with your favorite ice cream topping...add some sprinkles and enjoy every tasty bite. 


SIMPLE SNOW ICE CREAM

Collect 8 cups of clean snow (You can set the empty bowl out to collect it while it's falling if you want). 

Simply stir in the can of s.c.m. until it's the consistency you'd like (we normally use the full can)

Add 1 tsp. vanilla or any flavoring of your choosing.

When all stirred together, scoop into bowls and enjoy. 

This really doesn't freeze very well, so I suggest eating it right away.  

I also saw a recipe for adding 1 c. sugar and 1 c. chocolate milk to the same 8 cups of snow for chocolate ice cream. Haven't tried it but may give it a stir one day. 

Linked to Weekend Potluck











Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly