Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Skinny Caramel (or Vanilla) Java Swappuccino (WW Pts. Available)


HAPPY NATIONAL COFFEE DAY!!

Oh how I LOVE me some coffee.  And I like it creamy and sweet!

(On a sidenote: We do coffee the scriptural way at our house...HEbrews!
My dear sweetie makes my coffee every morning and brings it to me in my chair.  He's a keeper for sure!)

Do you enjoy coffee every day or just now and again? 

(Did you know that Starbucks and Krispy Kreme are giving free coffees today??)  If you live near one, don't miss out!

DRINK UP! 

I've had this recipe in my files for some time and decided today was the perfect day to make it! There's only a few ingredients and it's simple enough to make it vanilla (or raspberry? or? or?)...whatever suits your fancy.  

And this is low-calories & has PROTEIN added to it!  What's not to loooove??? 



I have an amazing recipe for Salted Caramel Coffee Toffee Cookies that I use this Starbucks VIA caramel coffee granules in, so that's what I choose to add
to this, instead of plain ole instant coffee. That would be the perfect cookie to enjoy with this coffee drink too.  Drat!  I don't have any in the freezer. =(

Malted Mocha Bars would be awesome also. 

I added more almond milk, and fewer ice cubes...and as you can see, it was still very thick, so I let it stand a few minutes before enjoying it.  

You can check out HG's Vanilla Java Swappuccino recipe and 
Weight Watchers Points here.  (only 84 calories following HG's recipe)


SKINNY 
CARAMEL (OR VANILLA) JAVA SWAPPUCCINO 

1 c. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
(original recipe calls for 3/4 c.) 
3 Tb. vanilla protein powder (100 per scoop)
1-1/2 tsp. instant coffee granules
(I used Starbucks VIA caramel flavored coffee)
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
(I used Torani caramel coffee syrup) 
1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Stevia or Truvia)
6 - 8 ice cubes, crushed (less than 1 c.) 

Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend at high speed until smooth. The longer you blend it, the more it will froth up. MMMMMM!!

Yield- 1 - 2 servings (about 20 ozs. total)















Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly