Monday, December 3, 2012

Skinny Peppermint Mocha Frappe



Here's another 'slap me in the face' drink recipe that I came across at Weekend Potluck linky party. I even featured this one as my personal favorite that same week. The recipe was posted by Peanut Butter & Peppers

Did you catch that first word?  S-K-I-N-N-Y!

Every little bit helps and it's atrocious to think of the calories that some folks just DRINK in.  

I want all the help I can get to cut back on calories without sacrificing on taste.

This did a real number on me!  I loved it!

Makes for a fun holiday coffee drink with the peppermint 'spin' to it. 

(Just in case you can't tell, that's a 'party hat' on the letter "P" of the text below=) Sometimes Pic Monkey is simply too.much.fun!


SKINNY PEPPERMINT MOCHA FRAPPE 
  1. 1 1/2 cups frozen coffee, partially thawed
  2. 1/2 cup non-fat milk
  3. (I used a little more)
  4. 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
  5. 1/2 - 1 tsp. stevia (to taste)
  6. 1/8 tsp. peppermint extract
  7. (I added a drop more)
  8. Optional Toppings:
  9. Whipped cream
  10. crushed peppermint candies and/or chocolate flakes
In a blender at all your ingredients, process until smooth.
Pour into tall glass and garnish with candies and chocolate. 
Enjoy every single pepperminty sip!

Since I appreciate the nutritional info I find at PB&P I wanted to share these comparison facts with you. 


Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Frappe  – Calories:  250,  Fat:  2,  Sodium:  310,  Carbs:  52,  Fiber:  4,  Sugar:  37,  Protein:  8
PB&P Peppermint Frappe (2 cups) – Calories:  44.7,  Fat:  .03,  Sodium:  63.6,  Carbs:  6.4,  Fiber:  .03,  Sugar:  6,  Protein:  4.3

Linked to Weekend Potluck
Foodie Friends Friday

5 comments :

  1. Yum! I went through a frappe phase during the summer and loved the thickness but could never get the flavor right. Looks like I have a new recipe to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh thank you for featuring my drink today! Your picture of it looks gorgeous!! Now I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a difference in calories and carbs! This sounds terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This not only sounds yummy, but WOW the calories saved! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. Please come back Sunday to vote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to try all these...Danni and I love any cold coffees and when you add in that they are SKINNY...that's a plus when she is diabetic and still likes to enjoy all the goodies...Thank you...

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly