Monday, December 3, 2012

Skinny Peppermint Mocha Frappe



Here's another 'slap me in the face' drink recipe that I came across at Weekend Potluck linky party. I even featured this one as my personal favorite that same week. The recipe was posted by Peanut Butter & Peppers

Did you catch that first word?  S-K-I-N-N-Y!

Every little bit helps and it's atrocious to think of the calories that some folks just DRINK in.  

I want all the help I can get to cut back on calories without sacrificing on taste.

This did a real number on me!  I loved it!

Makes for a fun holiday coffee drink with the peppermint 'spin' to it. 

(Just in case you can't tell, that's a 'party hat' on the letter "P" of the text below=) Sometimes Pic Monkey is simply too.much.fun!


SKINNY PEPPERMINT MOCHA FRAPPE 
  1. 1 1/2 cups frozen coffee, partially frozen
  2. 1/2 cup non-fat milk
  3. (I used a little more)
  4. 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
  5. 1/2 - 1 tsp. stevia (to taste)
  6. 1/8 tsp. peppermint extract
  7. (I added a drop more)
  8. Optional Toppings:
  9. Whipped cream
  10. crushed peppermint candies and/or chocolate flakes
In a blender at all your ingredients, process until smooth.
Pour into tall glass and garnish with candies and chocolate. 
Enjoy every single pepperminty sip!

Since I appreciate the nutritional info I find at PB&P I wanted to share these comparison facts with you. 


Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Frappe  – Calories:  250,  Fat:  2,  Sodium:  310,  Carbs:  52,  Fiber:  4,  Sugar:  37,  Protein:  8
PB&P Peppermint Frappe (2 cups) – Calories:  44.7,  Fat:  .03,  Sodium:  63.6,  Carbs:  6.4,  Fiber:  .03,  Sugar:  6,  Protein:  4.3

Linked to Weekend Potluck
Foodie Friends Friday